Does Kamal Hadden have another year?

Well that’s a bummer. I was hard on him early on but I would have loved to have him back

that would not surprise me either. players like to troll fans on social media... they love watching message board reactions
Message boards never react, all these guys on here are insider and they know what they know 😂 you can take it to the bank.

He does indeed have another year, but I doubt he is coming back for it. If I’m not mistaken he has accepted an invitation for the East/West Shrine game. My question is though, can he play in it and still come back?
I thought there was a rule change recently that allowed players to participate in these types of games and return to school if they had eligibility?

I thought he was mentioned as being one of the more highly rated corners who was draft eligible. That was back before his injury but if he can get NFL pay he should go for it.

the way some people have explained 2020 to me, was that the NCAA didn't count 2020 and if you were playing that year it didn't count. So that meant you still had 5 years to play 4. From UT standpoint, he "used 2020 as a redshirt" year and played the other 4 years using up his eligibility. That didn't make sense to me because Joe Milton played 5 years plus a redshirt year. So I felt Hadden should get 6 years to play like Joe.

Long explanation that I don't agree with but is how it was explained to me. below is his history

2019 he played at Independence
2020 no football, cancelled at Independence
2021 at Tennessee 7 games
2022 at Tennessee 9 games
2023 at Tennessee 7 games

Wow this really is some BS. How could he use 2020 as a redshirt year when his school cancelled the season? Insane

Crazy that a year ago at this time Hadden would have been booed at nearly any gathering of fans, and is now hailed as a hero and everyone is hoping he can play again.

Reactions: walkenvol
Crazy that a year ago at this time Hadden would have been booed at nearly any gathering of fans, and is now hailed as a hero and everyone is hoping he can play again.
And the same fans want Willie Martinez fired. Good luck making that make sense 😂

I was very critical of him last season. To much talking and getting burnt. He improved greatly. Prob the most improved on that side of the ball. I’m a fan of guys who talk through their play. He did that this year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He has played 4 years. in 2020 he was in junior college and had his season cancelled. I always thought that he would still get another year. due to COVID. When UT has been asked this season, they always said he did not. Hopefully he appealed and the NCAA will grant him another year. That might be what this is about but I'm not seen any hard confirmation
So, about applying for medical hardship 'nother season ... we don't know status of that?

So, about applying for medical hardship 'nother season ... we don't know status of that?

He did not submit an appeal. I was speculating that maybe he would but he never had a season he lost due to injury. You have to lose two seasons (most of the seasons) to qualify for a medical year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
the way some people have explained 2020 to me, was that the NCAA didn't count 2020 and if you were playing that year it didn't count. So that meant you still had 5 years to play 4. From UT standpoint, he "used 2020 as a redshirt" year and played the other 4 years using up his eligibility. That didn't make sense to me because Joe Milton played 5 years plus a redshirt year. So I felt Hadden should get 6 years to play like Joe.

Long explanation that I don't agree with but is how it was explained to me. below is his history

2019 he played at Independence
2020 no football, cancelled at Independence
2021 at Tennessee 7 games
2022 at Tennessee 9 games
2023 at Tennessee 7 games

So he has a 5th year.

Today Kamal Hadden "declared" for the NFL draft, so does declaring meant he did have another year? Just asking.....

VN Store

Back