Don’t be like UGA or BAMA

Chickenfarmer

Remember how much you have hated the arrogance of Alabama and Georgia fans so far in this century. Please do not act like them as we enjoy the next few years. We are Vols. We may be hillbillies, but we are decent folks. We are God fearing people, we work hard to support our families, and we can just grin knowing how far we have come. The bulldog and elephant fans have had a lot to cheer for indeed, but we have class.

Enjoy the ride. It’s going to be fun for a while. We have so much more than just football. We have the best AD in the land. We have football, baseball, softball, basketball and Lady Vol Basketball. Then we have track & field, soccer, volleyball and swimming. We are well rounded. We don’t have any current controversies. We can watch and support championship athletes year round. They only have football. It’s all they got.

So, make a commitment to keep the Lord first in your life. Your family second, career third. Don’t let football become an idol in your life. Use our past failures and current success as an opportunity to witness to people how faith, patience and perseverance are required on the field and in the home.

Everyone watching is scared to death of what is happening in Knoxville. You don’t have to brag. You can’t match wits with idiots. They will always win the war of who is the dumbest person in the room. They have terrible memories. How many times have you heard Bear Bryant’s name mentioned in recent years? Not much. It was all Saban. We have a history. The General. We still discuss his philosophy on a daily basis.

It’s great to be a Tennessee Vol. please don’t act like those hurts to our south!

Agreed.

This is hard for me. I like talking trash. I like my tribe, and disrespecting the other tribe.

But you're right. We can be better than the Gumps and Dawgs. I'm gonna make a serious effort.

Unless they roll in cocky, like those Sooners did a few weeks ago. Then all bets are off. lol.

Go Vols!

No problem with the Lord first, family second - retired so that takes care of #3

HOWEVER - I am getting older, meeting the Lord is getting closer and my family expects that I will become more and more arrogant.

I have bit my tongue so many times the last 15 years that it has calluses. It’s time for it to be used a little more for boasting now !

Remember how much you have hated the arrogance of Alabama and Georgia fans so far in this century. Please do not act like them as we enjoy the next few years. We are Vols. We may be hillbillies, but we are decent folks. We are God fearing people, we work hard to support our families, and we can just grin knowing how far we have come. The bulldog and elephant fans have had a lot to cheer for indeed, but we have class.

Enjoy the ride. It’s going to be fun for a while. We have so much more than just football. We have the best AD in the land. We have football, baseball, softball, basketball and Lady Vol Basketball. Then we have track & field, soccer, volleyball and swimming. We are well rounded. We don’t have any current controversies. We can watch and support championship athletes year round. They only have football. It’s all they got.

So, make a commitment to keep the Lord first in your life. Your family second, career third. Don’t let football become an idol in your life. Use our past failures and current success as an opportunity to witness to people how faith, patience and perseverance are required on the field and in the home.

Everyone watching is scared to death of what is happening in Knoxville. You don’t have to brag. You can’t match wits with idiots. They will always win the war of who is the dumbest person in the room. They have terrible memories. How many times have you heard Bear Bryant’s name mentioned in recent years? Not much. It was all Saban. We have a history. The General. We still discuss his philosophy on a daily basis.

It’s great to be a Tennessee Vol. please don’t act like those hurts to our south!
AMEN!!!!! Been trying to communicate we don't need to stoop to their level of arrogance to be proud of our Vols. Rather, exhibit ourselves as 12 cuts above those protoplasmic lifeforms.

I get it and I will eventually comply BUT my Georgia fan in-laws who have talked trash for the better part of a decade will receive it in kind.
I’m down with you brother. I married into a puppy pound and have to listen to them every holiday talking about jawja football, except for the one Georgia Tech graduate.
I take it that’s Cherokee County jawja, I’m hanging out in crackworth.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
It’s too late for a whole lot of people. A lot of posters here have already assumed this trip to Norman is a gimme.

I really don’t expect them to lay down and just take a whipping at home, at night, and in their first SEC conference game.

Excellent post. Oklahoma is new to the SEC. I don't want their fans first introduction to Tennessee fans being perceived as an arrogant and classless bunch. We haven't won anything yet. I'm sure Heupel would say the same. Confidence and arrogance are two different things. The feet you step on during the way up is often the butt you have to kiss on the way down.

Now if we were talking Bama, UGA, or Florida then have at it.

The day Tennessee wins their next national championship in football will make twitter unbearable for all other fanbases and I cannot wait to contribute to that misery. Baseball season is going to be so fun this year.

When we wallop them dawgs and eat those elephants let me at least enjoy the savory taste in my mouth of laughing and belittling friends of mine who are fans of less worthy teams than ours a bit before going all "we have to act like I have been there before".

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL

Haters gonna hate whatever you do, so do as thou wilt.

Reactions: LadyVolette
We'll find out how good we are after Saturday. But if we beat th Okla off the homa, then there will be some trash talking. But until that happens. I'm keeping it as Go Vols!!!

Agreed.

This is hard for me. I like talking trash. I like my tribe, and disrespecting the other tribe.

But you're right. We can be better than the Gumps and Dawgs. I'm gonna make a serious effort.

Unless they roll in cocky, like those Sooners did a few weeks ago. Then all bets are off. lol.

Go Vols!
What in the hell am I going to do with all these receipts I’ve kept through the dark ages?

Too late! The closet door has been broke down.

VN Store

Back