Don’t understand Seldon situation.

Seldon had a concussion, so I'm not sure it is any cause for concern for next week. At the same time, it's hard to say that bishop shouldn't be the #2 guy at this point
#2, #3 whatever. One back gives you one look the other gives another. If Seldon is healthy enough he’s going to give you the ability to run certain things in the offense. Bishop has been great not trying to take anything away from him. Cam is probably the closest player to giving you what Sampson does as well though; idk if bishop is as good of a receiver as either of those guys. Idk that bishop is as fast as either of those guys either.

Ideally we have three backs that alternate series. Sampson is your 1, he’s earned that; he’s dynamic. His one issue was blocking and that looks better. Being able to bring Cam in for a series and Bishop in for a series is just going to keep everyone’s legs fresh.

Seldon doesn't appear to be built tough enough to play RB in the SEC. He's had way too many nagging injuries so far. I thought his first claim to fame was as a WR in HS. Maybe such a move should be considered. That said we had better land at least one, if not 2, stud RBs in the the 25 class.
That’s something that can be coached INTO a player. Bishop looked great against Chatt. But Seldon also had 2 or 3 carries where he drug the defenders forward.
Hard runs. We all know he’s fast.

But HE NEEDS PRACTICE REPS!!
And for him to build his body up properly- he first needs to get healthy.

If I were Heupel, I would sit him Oklahoma game and begin to feed Seldon practice reps OU week and Bye week. Rest recuperation.

Come Arkansas take him off KR. And have him play 10 plays during Arkansas. As a decoy for some. As I live option in the pass game for some. And taking 5 carries for himself. The next week feed him more during practice. Then give him more in the next game to reflect that.

This team will need him down the stretch and he has to be healthy and physically conditioned to carry the load in necessary which he obviously not AT THE MOMENT. But this isn’t a transformation that will take a year.
1 month after he’s out of Concussion protocol he can be the guy that’s ready to be the primary back.

But the kid needs to just let it come to him.

I hate changing rules but I wish the NCAA or whatever governing body there is would stop allowing teams to duplicate numbers for players. I personally think it is just stupid that more than one player uses the same number. It's confusing.
With existing rule change to allow 105 scholarships there’s no choice but duplicate numbers unless we go to 4 digit numbers

I hate changing rules but I wish the NCAA or whatever governing body there is would stop allowing teams to duplicate numbers for players. I personally think it is just stupid that more than one player uses the same number. It's confusing.
He should switch numbers anyway.

Single digit beast!

Seldon had a concussion, so I'm not sure it is any cause for concern for next week. At the same time, it's hard to say that bishop shouldn't be the #2 guy at this point
Agreed. As the saying goes....you don't make the club from the tub. At this point, you roll with the guys who can play. Not gonna worry about a guy who's nursing some sort of injury.

Seldon doesn't appear to be built tough enough to play RB in the SEC. He's had way too many nagging injuries so far. I thought his first claim to fame was as a WR in HS. Maybe such a move should be considered. That said we had better land at least one, if not 2, stud RBs in the the 25 class.
Are you being serious?
We hope to land a "stud" at every position every cycle
Sampson is probably gone at end of season, but that's not written in stone. That leaves our running back room with Bishop,Seldon and Lewis, I'm not fretting.

That’s a bit presumptuous.
True. But the post also made me think of how some evaluators call Health the 6th tool in baseball. I would imagine one could say the same thing about football. I know we've had some guys over the years who could never get 100% healthy (Le'neath Whitehead jumps to mind) and at some point guys get jumped on the depth chart.

Has Seldon missed a lot of games already? I haven't kept track.

VN Store

Back