The Impeachment Thread

Is anyone here really stupid enough to believe Trump would be pushing the Biden investigation if he wasn't running for president?

Would Hiliary have started the whole Trump dossier mess that lead to a witch hunt intended to take down a lawfully elected president, if another GOP hopeful had been the candidate?

Why do you guys feel it appropriate to not only investigate but spy on Trump during his campaign, but Trump asking for assistance in an investigation is an issue? Barr mentioned in May that he was going to investigate UK, Italy, Australia and Ukraine. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

No, they don't. Hypocrisy is a very one way road in the shadowy dim/liberal world.

Why do you guys feel it appropriate to not only investigate but spy on Trump during his campaign, but Trump asking for assistance in an investigation is an issue? Barr mentioned in May that he was going to investigate UK, Italy, Australia and Ukraine. Do you not see the hypocrisy?
The investigation of Trump’s campaign was run independently of the DNC, through appropriate DOJ channels, DOJ operates independently to avoid this exact type of conflict. It was not initiated or directed by Hillary Clinton. The warrants were approved by a neutral federal judge.

Trump has admitted that he personally used the power and authority of his elected office to attempt to get the Ukraine to instigate an investigation into a political rival. It seems well established that he attempted to confer that power and authority to his personal lawyer to do the same. Trump was accused of accepting/soliciting/colluding with a foreign government and literally the day after that inquiry blows over, he admits he did the exact thing he was accused of. I don’t think it’s *proven* that he withheld the money for this purpose and I don’t think he has admitted that he did it to help with the election. However, when I have a client caught inside a jewelry store with a hammer and a bag after hours, I’ve never tried to argue that the State needs him to confess to prove that he was there to steal jewelry. Maybe that’s another sign of my deficiency.

To me, the whole thing rests on using elected office for political gain.

Same question, but reverse it. Why do you guys think that the DOJ investigating Trump was a big deal but Trump personally directing an investigation into Biden wasn’t?

Reactions: tvolsfan
Arkancide?
No. He’s just leaving. I read it last week. Doesn’t have anything to do with this, or if it did they knew this was coming well in advance. The staff there revolted over something he did back in April and they slapped an “opinion” header on all his work, but it sounds like the fact that he was still writing them as news articles still pissed off some of their journalists.

When is it appropriate for Biden to lose immunity? None of the chicken ****'s will answer.

I don think Biden will lose immunity ... he'll just fade into nothingness shortly, and all will be forgotten as immaterial just like any number of ex politicians. How long he lasts before the fade sets in is largely dependent on how guilty he's looking.

Reactions: Orangeburst
The investigation of Trump’s campaign was run independently of the DNC, through appropriate DOJ channels, DOJ operates independently to avoid this exact type of conflict. It was not initiated or directed by Hillary Clinton. The warrants were approved by a neutral federal judge.

As mentioned, Barr said he was going to investigate these nations back in May, and not a peep. This is DOJ channels. although Giuliani may or may not qualify.

Neutral federal judge...yet to be determined as evidence suggests lack of disclosure as well as other flags. We shall see soon.

As far as "conflict of interest", Biden should not of allowed this to happen and it was in the news for years. He put himself out for investigation, just as any ordinary citizen involved in foreign issues.

Would Hiliary have started the whole Trump dossier mess that lead to a witch hunt intended to take down a lawfully elected president, if another GOP hopeful had been the candidate?
One slight correction: The opposition research conducted by Fusion GPS on Donald Trump was in two distinct operations, each with a different client. Hillary was a part of it, but her campaign didn't start it. The first research operation, from October of 2015 to May 2016, was domestic research funded by The Washington Free Beacon. The second operation, from April 2016 to December 2016, was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign. The Washington Free Beacon is an American conservative political journalism website funded by Republican Party donor, Paul Singer, who hired Fusion GPS to conduct general opposition research on several Republican presidential candidates, including Donald Trump. The Washington Free Beacon was part of the "never Trump movement". They stopped their research funding on Trump once he became the presumptive Republican Party nominee on May 3, 2016. That was when the Hillary Clinton campaign picked it up... it didn't start with her. It started with Republican "never Trumpers".

One slight correction: The opposition research conducted by Fusion GPS on Donald Trump was in two distinct operations, each with a different client. Hillary was a part of it, but her campaign didn't start it. The first research operation, from October of 2015 to May 2016, was domestic research funded by The Washington Free Beacon. The second operation, from April 2016 to December 2016, was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign. The Washington Free Beacon is an American conservative political journalism website funded by Republican Party donor, Paul Singer, who hired Fusion GPS to conduct general opposition research on several Republican presidential candidates, including Donald Trump. The Washington Free Beacon was part of the "never Trump movement". They stopped their research funding on Trump once he became the presumptive Republican Party nominee on May 3, 2016. That was when the Hillary Clinton campaign picked it up... it didn't start with her. It started with Republican "never Trumpers".

So you are saying an anti Trump GOP faction started the Trump dossier mess just like Hiliary started the birther movement?

So Trump literally commits the very crime - TWICE - for which he is currently being impeached. On the White House lawn. Directed to reporters.

Calling it now: He will be convicted and removed from office.

A friend of mine has an explanation that actually makes sense: Trump is seeking Chapter 11 protection for the Office of the Presidency. It's what he does.

BUH-BYE DONALD. The countdown clock has begun...

d20483ad64edc6f94daf6932b8bc4d1e.jpg

So you are saying an anti Trump GOP faction started the Trump dossier mess just like Hiliary started the birther movement?
No, because that claim has been debunked many times and in many different places including "Politico", "Time", "USA Today", "Politifact" and "Snopes".

As mentioned, Barr said he was going to investigate these nations back in May, and not a peep. This is DOJ channels. although Giuliani may or may not qualify.

Neutral federal judge...yet to be determined as evidence suggests lack of disclosure as well as other flags. We shall see soon.

As far as "conflict of interest", Biden should not of allowed this to happen and it was in the news for years. He put himself out for investigation, just as any ordinary citizen involved in foreign issues.

So you’re upset about Biden’s conflicts of interest?
Why not Trump’s?

Last edited:
So Trump literally commits the very crime - TWICE - for which he is currently being impeached. On the White House lawn. Directed to reporters.

Calling it now: He will be convicted and removed from office.

A friend of mine has an explanation that actually makes sense: Trump is seeking Chapter 11 protection for the Office of the Presidency. It's what he does.

BUH-BYE DONALD. The countdown clock has begun...

View attachment 229101
Trump
Is currently being impeached?
Damn. Where have I been.

VN Store

Back