The Impeachment Thread

Not at all. I don't like Trump - never have, and I can't actually see that changing. I do, however, like things he has done as president even if I'm intolerant of his "presence" as president. I don't want to actually see him or hear him and I certainly don't do or agree with twitter. It's simply the fact that he isn't you or your kind that makes Trump tolerable. It's also the fact that he's too undiplomatic and will a spade a spade, and that's refreshing in the world of politics. I sincerely hope he's as ruthless about going after your side as your side has been about going after him. If he actually manages to uncover the criminal behavior in congress and other parts of DC, that would actually change his favorability rating. What you fail to realize is that Trump buys and sells for a living whereas congress is bought and sold for a living.
Trump is only a DC outsider in the sense that he is from New York. In terms of how he has conducted himself, and the people he has appointed to cabinet positions, he is just as swampy as anyone - see Scott Pruitt, Elaine Chao, Ryan Zinke and Tom Price. There has been just as much conflict of interest and self-dealing in his administration as any. Trump is only interested in weeding out corruption as it pertains to helping himself politically or settling scores with his opponents and critics. If the corruption involves his EPA Administrator? He doesn't care.

I apologize for the way I said what I did. "You and your kind" was not meant to be "you" personally but you as a democrat and a liberal. When you look at something a second time, you sometimes realize that you just didn't say it well. It's not my intent to attack someone personally - only ideas or comments.
No problemo.

Reactions: AM64
Trump is only a DC outsider in the sense that he is from New York. In terms of how he has conducted himself, and the people he has appointed to cabinet positions, he is just as swampy as anyone - see Scott Pruitt, Elaine Chao, Ryan Zinke and Tom Price. There has been just as much conflict of interest and self-dealing in his administration as any. Trump is only interested in weeding out corruption as it pertains to helping himself politically or settling scores with his opponents and critics. If the corruption involves his EPA Administrator? He doesn't care.
In all honesty, President Trump fits in well with the swamp. He may not have been a politician going in but he did share all of the attributes of one.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
1:10 p.m.: FEC chair renews warning for candidates not to accept foreign election help

Trump’s remarks on China and Ukraine grabbed the attention of Federal Election Commission Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub, who on Thursday retweeted a statement she had made in June warning candidates not to accept help from foreign governments.

AD

“Is this thing on?” Weintraub tweeted, along with a microphone emoji.

Weintraub, a Democrat, had put out the statement in June, 24 hours after Trump told ABC News that he would not necessarily report to law enforcement if a foreign national offered him information on a political opponent.

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office,” Weintraub wrote at the time. “It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election. This is not a novel concept.”

Reactions: Septic
Good God man, you could have just said yes or no. But you just can't can you? When you asked me the same question, I gave you more than an "implicit" answer, it was definitive and declarative, with no room for misunderstanding nor was it necessary for you to search past post history for the damn answer.

WTF is it with lawyers? Talk about psychological disorders. . .

Well, I see you put an asterisk on the "But Obama", what's that supposed to mean? I asked you to quote me where I said "but Obama" and that's your response? OK, you can't, can you? Instead go all juris doctorate on me and explain that's what I really meant. I guess it must be "implicit" then? Who is doing the implying? I think it's you.

I'm not going to let you get away with your attempt to deflect/demean by saying that I now turned to "whatabout the media." That's BS and you know it.

You can twist away all you want, trying to make it look like I said something or you said something about kitchen fires and gasoline. Where exactly is that prior to your post I'm now responding to? I must have overlooked it, link up the quote. Oh, it's "implicit."

I said Trump is out of line, wrong, to be attacking the whistle blower. Guess that wasn't enough for you. However I took issue with your position that whistle blower laws should protect whistle blowers completely (paraphrasing) so that they won't be reluctant to come forward. Is that about right? So prosecute Trump/impeach over that? Or are you just venting your spleen because Trump is being an azz again? Now that's news.

Regarding the law protecting whistle blowers to the point they won't be reluctant to come forward: That's nice in some ideal fantasy land. I was being realistic and still am but you seem to have some major problem with reality. You don't like to hear it so you respond with similes/metaphors and insults as if you assume I don't get it. You're the one who doesn't get it. In the real world of today, in the government bureaucracy of DC, it's all about azz, as in protecting your own. Despite all assurances given to whistle blowers, it takes someone with courage and/or another motive/agenda to be willing to come forward with information that is meant to take down the powerful. Because of the resulting blow back, from within and without the government, in the form of career suicide, the unrelenting media spotlight and more, people are rightfully reluctant to step into that crap pile. Ain't no law that will fix any of that.

With all that goes on in the Swamp, why do you think that there are very few whistle blowers coming forward? Does the law need to be strengthened? Is it because of Trump being a d!ck to this particular whistle blower? This issue existed long before him, will exist long after him and the whistle blower protection laws will not change that dynamic one bit.

Now back to kitchen fires and gasoline. . .

iu

Before I start addressing the rest of this nonsense, I’d just like to clarify:

Does this mean you have zero follow up questions to the Snowden thing? Not one? It was totally pointless?

Good news now you guys can impeach Pence too! Still waiting on the flippers you guys promised us
Pence says Biden, son should be investigated for Ukraine dealings

This is confusing because they keep saying that the Biden's should be investigated in the Ukraine.

But they were investigated and the Ukrainians said, "it's all good". So is this file closed and that's why the Trump cartel is moving on to China?

If Rudy has the dirt like he claims, where is it?

Last edited:
This is confusing becaue they keep saying that the Biden's should be investigated in the Ukraine.

But they were investigated and the Ukrainians said, "it's all good". So is this file closed and that's why the Trump cartel is moving on to China?

Probably the same place as Congressman Schiff's.

While we're in Asia looking for dirt on Hunter, (you know since the dirt in Ukraine didn't flesh out) can we look into how a failed fashion designer has continued to receive sixteen thirty four patents from China?
Did Trump threaten to withhold US aid? You know like quid pro Joe. Or is this just a muh Trump fart you just had?

This is confusing because they keep saying that the Biden's should be investigated in the Ukraine.

I don't the democrats need to worry about Rudy, Bill Barr is the one they need to worry about.

Good news now you guys can impeach Pence too! Still waiting on the flippers you guys promised us
Pence says Biden, son should be investigated for Ukraine dealings
From that article:

"The American people have the right to know whether or not the vice president of the United States or his family profited from his position," Pence told reporters in Scottsdale, Arizona.

This line oozes hypocrisy considering Mike Pence's trip to Ireland in September. Pence chose to stay (on the 'suggestion' of Trump) at a Trump-owned property in Doonbeg, Ireland instead of in Dublin, as originally scheduled. This was done in spite of the fact that Pence's meeting was in Dublin and Doonbeg is on Ireland's west coast, the other side of the country from Dublin. The House Oversight Committee has requested the Trump Organization show any revenue generated by Pence's stay but the Trump Org. has thus far, refused to comply. For his part, Vice President Pence has steadfastly defended that lack of transparency from the Trump Organization and the stay itself as being completely appropriate.

Basically, Pence sees no problem with Trump profiting from tax payer money with this completely out of the way and unnecessary stay at a Trump resort... but he is holding Biden to a different standard.

Last edited:
Before I start addressing the rest of this nonsense, I’d just like to clarify:

Does this mean you have zero follow up questions to the Snowden thing? Not one? It was totally pointless?
It wasn't pointless. You agree with me. He isn't a hero. I answered your question immediately and clearly and then I asked the same question of you. You, not so much. I know you can't help yourself, it's alright, we understand.

Don't let waiting on me slow your roll. You be you.

Reactions: AM64
1:10 p.m.: FEC chair renews warning for candidates not to accept foreign election help

Trump’s remarks on China and Ukraine grabbed the attention of Federal Election Commission Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub, who on Thursday retweeted a statement she had made in June warning candidates not to accept help from foreign governments.

AD

“Is this thing on?” Weintraub tweeted, along with a microphone emoji.

Weintraub, a Democrat, had put out the statement in June, 24 hours after Trump told ABC News that he would not necessarily report to law enforcement if a foreign national offered him information on a political opponent.

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office,” Weintraub wrote at the time. “It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election. This is not a novel concept.”

Why did Congress subpoena Trump's Deutsche bank records? Why did Hills ask for China to investigate Trump's bank records? Why did Shifty ask for info on that Russian prank call? What about the foreign Steele dossier? etc ad nausea.

All cases of foreign election interference if knowledge is considered "anything of value".

Reactions: AM64 and VolnJC

A lot of Trumps selections are unimpressive - I think they are the spoiled brats of the upper corporate world who don't understand the perks and fists of the business world don't work in the public sector. Trump isn't the first president to fail with his choice of supporting cast. Kennedy's ivy league buddies were a total flop in the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. I'm reading a book right now dealing with some US issues prior to WW2, change the setting to today and FDR's style and advisers could well get him into trouble. Maybe the deal is simply that there isn't a president and certainly not a whole cast of supporting characters that won't draw fire from a large segment of the electorate and press. Obama had one of the worst assortments of misfits as anybody, BUT he generally had a friendly press.

Team selection and building under a spotlight while attempting to manage a big job is not something I'd want to try. Our political process is a sham right now. We could just always pick presidents and staff from congress and/or the top of the DC establishment and get fewer gaffes of the non DC kind ... but then we'd be stuck with the mess that is DC and no hope of change. Perhaps somebody should compare and contrast Scott Pruitt gaffes with Pelosi's tyrannical requirement for Air Force planes to her liking and the liquor bill that goes along with every flight.

No chance. He could literally say he’s going to bribe countries to dig up dirt on his rivals, and republicans would stomp their feet, “express concern”, talk about how elections must be free and independent, then vote against convicting him in the senate.
He said he could murder people and his base would stick with him.

VN Store

Back