Dontavis Sapp is

Manvol

What's My Age Again?
the Key on Saturday. He needs to be in the middle spying QB and where he goes Sapp goes. His speed and ability to hit will be the difference in this game on D.

I wouldn't mind seeing him move to MLB and AJ playing end like the Leo position

No that won't work. Maggit could be the best pass rusher on this team in the Leo but AJ is a MLB all the way. He just means to much to this team to have him anywhere else. His coverage stinks sometimes but he's the heart of our defense.

Reactions: 1 person
AJ will have to spy to cover up his deficiencies in pass coverage and speed from sideline to sideline.

OK, guys, I've been doing a little research and I have discovered a HUGE offensive advantage for the Vols against Oregon! Marquis North is 6'4" and Jason Croom is 6'5". Are you ready for this? 3 of the 4 starting defensive backs for Oregon are 5'10" and the other is 6'.

Reactions: 4 people
OK, guys, I've been doing a little research and I have discovered a HUGE offensive advantage for the Vols against Oregon! Marquis North is 6'4" and Jason Croom is 6'5". Are you ready for this? 3 of the 4 starting defensive backs for Oregon are 5'10" and the other is 6'.

Did Marquez and Marqise Lee have a baby?
Stud.

the Key on Saturday. He needs to be in the middle spying QB and where he goes Sapp goes. His speed and ability to hit will be the difference in this game on D.

Not trying to blow his horn, but I am not sure that anyone (Except his teammate DeAnthony) can run with him. We really need him to stay in the backfield and hand off or throw. He could be the most dynamic player since Vick (you may remember what we did to him in his farewell game)

We have to have someone throw an accurate pass to them first.

Reactions: 3 people

I remember when he was a controversial recruit. Got a lot of flack for being a 2*, but some people were actually on his side, since he played at a big, competitive HS, and it would be a good pipeline, yada yada.

I must admit, I wasn't stoked about him till he got here and showed good athleticism and instincts on ST's. Interesting how going out and getting it done makes one forget about recruiting stars.

We have to have someone throw an accurate pass to them first.

Croom also needs to haul in perfectly laid in passes for him where there's nothing between him and the checkerboard, but green with white lines.

Just saying.

Worley is working to improve, and our receivers should as well. Let's just hope the execution gets better, as I trust they're putting in the work.

Reactions: 2 people
Sapp played middle already this year and was all over the field. We need their QB to know he isn't running rush shot all over us. Sapp is big enough and fast enough to play middle and 20 yards in any direction. Imo.

AJ need to make sure he meet to QB in the whole on that option run. His sole job need to be lay the wood and make him think twice about leaving that pocket. Hit him hard I mean knock his sternum into his spine a few times(not literally) and he wont be so quick to leave the pocket.

Last edited:

Not to burst your bubble, but DB's are generally shorter than recievers. Remember they don't necessarily need to out jump them, they are just there to disrupt and bother them.

To your point though, having the height advantage is great for fade routes and throwing high over the middle if you have a QB that can place the ball. I think Worley can get it done to be honest. Just needs the confidence.

AJ need to make sure he meet to QB in the whole on that option run. His sole job need to be lay the wood and make him think twice about leaving that pocket. Hit him hard I mean knock his sternum into his spine a few times(not literally) and he wont be so quick to leave the pocket.

No, he needs to do that literally. :crazy:

Croom also needs to haul in perfectly laid in passes for him where there's nothing between him and the checkerboard, but green with white lines.

Just saying.

Worley is working to improve, and our receivers should as well. Let's just hope the execution gets better, as I trust they're putting in the work.

I would be happy with a actual catch by Croom

Reactions: 1 person
Butch will make his decision after reading VN. We're all a family.
lolabove.gif

I think you should pick on our dbs. Go away from the run game.

Isn't 6' generally tall or at minimal average for DBs?

However, Croom can be 8' and it won't matter if he drops it.

No that won't work. Maggit could be the best pass rusher on this team in the Leo but AJ is a MLB all the way. He just means to much to this team to have him anywhere else. His coverage stinks sometimes but he's the heart of our defense.

Aj played on the outside his freshman year and that was prob his best year. I think he would be a great sam linebacker with Sapp on the inside.

I think you should pick on our dbs. Go away from the run game.

Our run game is the most consistent and effective thing we have. I don't think anyone is convinced that you're an SEC caliber defense yet. You may prove us wrong, but until you do I would imagine we will be running pretty hard and frequently, and playing smash-mouth ball.

Keep in mind running was pretty much the only good thing we did against you in 2010.

VN Store

Back