Drae Bowles

Weee'rre Baaccckk

I haven't heard or seen a lot of people talking about this kid lately. I had high hopes for him when he committed to us. Is he expected to make an impact this season? Is he still a WR? Did he redshirt? Etc...

I know his fellow teammates picked him first for the VOlympics -- that's quite a statement of his character (I think he was pretty active in FCA back at his HS).

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...df/2012-13/misc_non_event/Volympics_Teams.pdf

Wasn't his mother kind of like last year's Vic Wharton in terms of talking to all the other recruits' moms as to why they should all come to UT? Anyway, happy Mother's Day to you Mrs. Bowles. You and your sons are true VFLs :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
I know his fellow teammates picked him first for the VOlympics -- that's quite a statement of his character (I think he was pretty active in FCA back at his HS).

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...df/2012-13/misc_non_event/Volympics_Teams.pdf

Wasn't his mother kind of like last year's Vic Wharton in terms of talking to all the other recruits' moms as to why they should all come to UT? Anyway, happy Mother's Day to you Mrs. Bowles. You and your sons are true VFLs :good!:

Corey Voreen was the first pick for Volympics.

He had some bad drops in the spring game too. I think he needs more time to make an impact. Probably another year of coaching.

Yea, maybe our guys can get all of those "bad drops" out of their system in the spring...and make some nice progress in the Fall.

Reactions: 1 person
He's finishing up his freshman year in the best football conference in the world. Not to mention he was behind DR, JH, ZR, and CP for his first year. Also, take into account a staff trying to save their jobs and I'd be willing to wager little to no extra attention was paid to non-starters last season.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm hoping we get big production out of him this year. He was an elite recruit (espn top 150) out of highschool. And those rankings are based on just talent alone. The thing about Bowles, u could look far and wide and not find a higher character kid than him. I remember reading an article about him studying the bible every morning at the same time. His atheletism combined with his head should make for an incredible player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back