Drae Bowles

I'm hoping we get big production out of him this year. He was an elite recruit (espn top 150) out of highschool. And those rankings are based on just talent alone. The thing about Bowles, u could look far and wide and not find a higher character kid than him. I remember reading an article about him studying the bible every morning at the same time. His atheletism combined with his head should make for an incredible player.

Yeah this kid is a leader in every sense of the word...he organized a bible study at the U.S. Army game and had like 19 kids come....I think he's struggled a little with learning the system enough to be trusted with much PT but I have every confidence he will produce...

I wouldn't mind seeing him be a return guy either in punts or kick-offs. He has purdy good speed to run some of those back.

I saw him in HS and felt like he was better suited for safety but WR is a position of bigger need for us this year.

Quicker, faster, stronger, more consistent. All goals that can be achieved with hard work every day.

He may have been a little nervous since it was probably the 1st time he has played in front of 60k + fans...In his life...you come to UT because of that and when it happens I'm sure its different when you actually step on the field. It may have Humbled him a bit

He may have been a little nervous since it was probably the 1st time he has played in front of 60k + fans...In his life...you come to UT because of that and when it happens I'm sure its different when you actually step on the field. It may have Humbled him a bit
Yep. He'll be more than fine.

Corey Voreen was the first pick for Volympics.

No. It was Drae Bowles....

WR DRAE BOWLES FIRST PLAYER PICKED IN 'VOLYMPICS'

By Evan Woodbery
Published Wednesday, February 13, 2013
The first player to be drafted was redshirt freshman wide receiver Drae Bowles.

The last to be picked, the so-called "Mr. Irrelevant,' was defensive coordinator John Jancek.

In between, 79 UT players and 10 coaches were selected by one of 10 "teams" whose captains are vying to win the "VOLympics."

The competition created by new coach Butch Jones is similar to the one he used at Cincinnati. Teams earn points by competing in VOLympic competitions, doing well in class and representing the program positively by volunteering, attending events and adhering to the dress code. Teams can be docked points if players sag their pants or skip a study hall.

Last edited:

no doubt...pretty sure I'd soil myself in that situation lol

Only a RD Freshman
Played behind an excellent group of WR's
New coaching staff/system

wait till the season to judge him

I can promise all of you guys this. Drae comes from a great family and I would hope that my son turns out as well as he has. I think he has the talent to play for my beloved vols. He is from my home town and i watched him play alot in high school. I think he will fall under the radar for the next season but his junior or senior season he will be a great player for us.

I can promise all of you guys this. Drae comes from a great family and I would hope that my son turns out as well as he has. I think he has the talent to play for my beloved vols. He is from my home town and i watched him play alot in high school. I think he will fall under the radar for the next season but his junior or senior season he will be a great player for us.

I echo every sentiment in this post. Drae is a very good guy, and he's got talent. He'll be fine.

We have a very talented young group of WR (Bowles, Croom , Howard, North)

And QB (Peterman, Dobbs, Ferguson).

And with the way BJ is recruiting, future is very bright orange.

VN Store

Back