Drew Gilbert was only player audibly booed at All-Star futures game.

a great player at tennessee hope he does great in the pros good luck young man tennessee fan will all ways remember youand thank for the great times'

I lost respect for Drew Gilbert at an Asheville Tourists game. A fan and his 2 sons were at the railing by the dugout waiting over 30 minutes for the players to come out. wearing Tennessee Vols shirts and had posters of Drew Gilbert . After warmups he blew them off and went into the dugout not even acknowledging them. Thought he just needed to take a leak, but never came back out and even blew them off again after the game....... No respect for him anymore!

I lost respect for Drew Gilbert at an Asheville Tourists game. A fan and his 2 sons were at the railing by the dugout waiting over 30 minutes for the players to come out. wearing Tennessee Vols shirts and had posters of Drew Gilbert . After warmups he blew them off and went into the dugout not even acknowledging them. Thought he just needed to take a leak, but never came back out and even blew them off again after the game....... No respect for him anymore!
Thanks for the negative report. My kids wore their Vols jerseys to a game in Midland. He was more than gracious.

Thanks for the negative report. My kids wore their Vols jerseys to a game in Midland. He was more than gracious.

He could not have been nicer or more gracious to my 11 year old when we saw him at halftime of the Alabama football game this year. Drew was there trying to enjoy the game like everyone else, and he politely spoke to everyone who came up to him, which was non stop. Lots of positive reports about these Basevol players and Drew. My kids can’t wait for him to make his MLB debut.

It’s never cool to approach a player BEFORE the game, especially if they’re an every day player like Gilbert. Sometimes they might feel like socializing but they do have to get right mentally before the game. After the game, your chances for a warm reception are better if they were 2 for 4 rather than 0-4.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It’s never cool to approach a player BEFORE the game, especially if they’re an every day player like Gilbert. Sometimes they might feel like socializing but they do have to get right mentally before the game. After the game, your chances for a warm reception are better if they were 2 for 4 rather than 0-4.
Not only that, but he’s a human being. A young one at that… everyone has bad days or days when they don’t feel like dealing with others.

Every comment I've ever seen has said Drew is more than gracious with fans, so I'd say you're full of...

VN Store

Back