Duck food

Season with salt and pepper and sauté FAT SIDE DOWN.

You have to render down the fat or it will not taste good at all. Thats the most important tip when preparing duck breast.

Roast Duck, Med Rare, with Blackberry Sauce and served with mashed sweet potatoes

When Oregon came to Knoxville in 2010 I was living in the fort. I found the only place in the area to sell duck was the market in Maryville. They had whole duck and breast; I chose the whole duck. For cooking, I just stuffed it and smoked it for about 6 hours at a temp range of 225-250. It was delicious :) I would also recommend using a catch tray for the fat drippings. Duck fat is great for frying potatoes and such. Good luck!

The Market In Maryville | Meats & Seafood – The Market In Maryville – Blount County’s freshest market featuring local produce, meat, dairy and more!

Reactions: 1 person
Its to greasy for me. Ill just eat more chicken.

You obviously never seen or cooked wild duck. Its a very lean meat, not greasy. Tasty. As already mentioned, soak in salt water. Marinate wrap bacon around it with a piece of jalapeno & cream cheese. Skewer & grill. when bacon is cooked, ready to eat. EXCELLENT!!

I'd be careful! You are what you eat. And that is why I eat lots of duck. Ha.

I took the road trip to Dallas for the Oregon-LSU game all the way from Los Angeles. My mates and I tailgated with the LSU faithful and a lot of them expectedly made duck gumbo. It was great. So maybe find a duck gumbo recipe. Happy hunting.

Got a couple of duck eggs today. A little scared to try them.

Also... Like duck meat??

Why don't you duck down here and get some of this meat?!?

I try all sorts of food. Duck however is really greasy and has a wild taste.

Got a couple of duck eggs today. A little scared to try them.

Also... Like duck meat??

Why don't you duck down here and get some of this meat?!?

The joke is:

Want some duck sausage?

Wait for answer, then say

Then duck down here and get ya some.

It's even more funny if pulled on the spouse. My wife will no longer play along...

The joke is:

Want some duck sausage?

Wait for answer, then say

Then duck down here and get ya some.

It's even more funny if pulled on the spouse. My wife will no longer play along...

Another good one

Do you like boxing?

Wait for answer

Then why don't you drop down and give me a couple of blows to the head

Reactions: 2 people
Duck is frikin delicious. Go classy with a duck a l'orange. Personally the only times I have had it is at the melting pot fondue style, but still was really good.

for the record op, I really like the word jowever. I think I am going to use it as often as I can.

It depends on the type of duck

Mallard is really gamey. It has to do with what they eat

Wood Duck and Teal: Some of the best you will put in your mouth

As far as the OP, cut the duck breasts into cubes. Soak them in a little salt water for a couple of hours. This draws out the blood. Take them out and put the nuggets in buttermilk for another few hours

Make a dredge of flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme

Take 2 eggs and beat it with regular milk. Dip the nuggets in the milk and egg then in the flour. Fry until Golden brown and delicious

You're welcome

I was gonna speak up for little Teal -- that's good eatin, thar.

And any duck and andouille (sausage) gumbo is pretty fine. :good!:

Filet the breast off and cut into one inch cubes. Dip in cornmeal and deep fry. Serve with cocktail sauce.

I refuse to look through this thread again. I starved all day yesterday at work.

It's like seeing a great buffet at a strip club, all that great food but you know you can't eat it...

VN Store

Back