Dylan Sampson winning the heisman trophy would be better for us than Nico...

Obviously I like Nico and would be happy if he won but from a recruiting perspective Sampson winning would be better for us as a program. Everyone already knows our system is QB friendly. We've already landed the top QB recruit in the country for 2 of 4 cycles. We've also been very attractive to 5-star WRs and 5-star TEs. However, we've yet to land a 5-star RB. If Sampson wins the heisman trophy it would prove to RBs across the country that they can prosper in our offense just as much as the QBs and WRs.

Jesus people! Stop with the heisman crap. Sampson is a great back, but he is 10th in rushing right now. No where near big enough numbers to win. I know you see us through orange glasses, but lets be realistic and logical.

He has been RB1 for 3 games and none against an SEC defense. Just let us enjoy being back in the national conversation....

Also Nico can win it next year.
I would just like to say we have a Heisman winner. The thing is its basically a QB award, unless Dsamp rushes for like 1100-1500 yards and like 20 TDs I just dont see anyway a RB will win it maybe ever again.

I would just like to say we have a Heisman winner. The thing is its basically a QB award, unless Dsamp rushes for like 1100-1500 yards and like 20 TDs I just dont see anyway a RB will win it maybe ever again.
It's become the NFL MVP award. Think of all the great running backs there have been in the NCAA since 2000. That's 23 seasons ago, the year Gladiator came out. In all that time there were 3 RB's to take the Heisman; Reggie Bush in '05, Mark Ingram* in '09 and Derrick Henry in '16. That's it...that's the list.

*Ingram is an outlier even in that group. The only reasons he won was being Bama and the fact it was a QB wasteland in the voting that year. The highest QB was Colt McCoy at 3rd. There were only 4 of the 10 finalists that were QB's at all. You think that sort of thing happens again in the modern game? There hasn't been a RB even make the top 5 in Heisman votes since '20 and that was Najee Harris. (another Bamer).

This isn't about Sampson or TN it's about the RB position in relation to the Heisman. It would take an eye watering set of circumstances for any RB to win these days...that's just the simple truth of it.

VN Store

Back