Early Loss Predictions for 05-06

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 16, 2005 2:08 PM
I'd beg to differ. There are far tougher schedules out there... Just a few sore spots. We do have a decent number of cake games.

UAB has Darryl Hackney who is amazing, but no other talent to speak of, Ole Miss just sucks (and the game will be in Knoxville), Spurrier has too much to rebuild to compete just yet, and Vanderbilt and Kentucky will be Vanderbilt and Kentucky.
[snapback]104588[/snapback]​

hmmm, uab also has larry mcswain who is a preseason all american de by some publications. id say the 1st loss chance is uab, then uf, then lsu and so on. if we dont play one game at a time, we could easily get tripped up. i dont like to see fans picking out which games are the toughest because that takes away from the other teams we play, making them more dangerous.

I agree that we should play it one game at a time but come on...UAB and Memphis? Sure they each have a couple of great players, we have nothing but great players. I don't think either one of those games will even be close.

That 96 memphis loss, still tends to haunt us.

If they muster up a fight, I do not believe it would take much to burst the bubble.
LSU brings the threat ,IMO of an only loss.

But if so, they'll have to do it again dec3rd..

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@Jun 16, 2005 7:05 PM
uab also has larry mcswain who is a preseason all american de by some publications.

Pre-Season pubs also said we wouldn't win the East last year

We said that, too. Read back on this board. Weren't we all accepting a 7 or 8 win season and saying nobody would stop Georgia from winning the East?

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 18, 2005 1:30 PM
We said that, too. Read back on this board. Weren't we all accepting a 7 or 8 win season and saying nobody would stop Georgia from winning the East?
[snapback]105225[/snapback]​

Milo, what we said has nothing whatsoever to do with Pre-Season pubs saying that UAB guy was an All-American.

Different story, Different argument

I'm trying to prove we could all be wrong about it. The guy he mentioned very well could play like an all-American.

Yes, and he was stating as if a Pre-Season publication saying it meant he was in fact going to play like it....and my analogy showed that in fact he just may not.

I think the Fulmer leaving UT thread showed how we all felt heading into 2004 but thats another argument

South Carolina is not being put in many Top 25 polls but the love they are getting is absurd.

No proven QB WHATSOEVER with any experience WHATSOEVER.
No depth nor experience upfront on defense and walk-on's playing 2nd string for their DB's.
No proven WR outside of one guy who has yet to ever do anything really.

They are just one of those teams that play us real hard every year and this year if we are on a roll I can see that a team with nothing else to lose will play its heart out to beat us. It is just one of those teams that can give you a scare.

Between all the talent they've lost due to whatever, I'd say they're about on the same talent level as Vandy. Spurrier has his work cut out for him, I'll be shocked if he competes at all next season.

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 18, 2005 3:00 PM
South Carolina is not being put in many Top 25 polls but the love they are getting is absurd.

No proven QB WHATSOEVER with any experience WHATSOEVER.
No depth nor experience upfront on defense and walk-on's playing 2nd string for their DB's.
No proven WR outside of one guy who has yet to ever do anything really.
[snapback]105235[/snapback]​

...their leading receiver went to the NFL . . . their leading rusher got kicked off the team.

6 wins would be a great season for them next year.

VN Store

Back