elliot williams

he has already visited twice, and he's gonna set up another one soon, and thats when Bruce is gonna have to pull all the tricks out the bag so that he will commit then.. id hate for him to make a trip to Durham

If we get another visit from Elliot then i will feel good about our chances..
If i was a bball star, i would visit Duke n Carolina for the heck of it.. their the 2 most prestigous schools in bball..

but if he visits UT again, which will be his third time, then i will feel great about us landing him.. :)

Eh.. I wouldn't call the arena great.. the atmosphere, yes. Either way it's still only holds like 5,000 :blink:

9,314... but I was clearly being sarcastic and having fun trashing the Dookies :thumbsup:

Either way, is that supposed to be impressive?

No...the arena's capacity isn't attractive...but, as mentioned before, the atmosphere and the multiple final four and national championships are attractive...not to mention the number of players they put in the NBA...and if those things weren't good enough, you're also getting a fantastic education...there are plenty of reasons to be interested in Duke if you're a high-profile basketball player.

Few sports-related things would make me happier than seeing us beat out Duke for a top-rated recruit.

Dont forget the Cameron Crazies and seeing JJ Redicks retired jersey hanging from the ceiling.

Eh... why would anyone really care to see J.J. Reddicks jersey hanging from the ceiling? Sure great player and all but I highly doubt he will go down as on of the "elite" players in Duke history.. his stats were impressive for sure.. but he didn't have that presence. Also, a lot of that "elite" status depends on how you do in the NBA.. doubt his career will be any good in the NBA, he's just a catch and shoot guy.

It's unimpressive that they don't upgrade the arena in my opinion.. they have all of that tradition, but I just feel a new arena could only help.. unless they feel they can't fill out a 25,000 seat arena. Maybe just off students :p The dookies have a lot of bandwagon fans.

Maybe I'm the only person who cares about JJ because he was my favorite college player ever, but anyway this is a great thing for the university of tennessee to be able to recruit with the likes of duke, carolina, and other big time schools. I think there's an excellent chance that this won't be the last time Tennessee will be fighting over players with big name schools. This just shows how much Bruce has brought this program up in such a short time.

It's unimpressive that they don't upgrade the arena in my opinion.. they have all of that tradition, but I just feel a new arena could only help.. unless they feel they can't fill out a 25,000 seat arena. Maybe just off students :p The dookies have a lot of bandwagon fans.

The best scenario for them would be to build something along the lines of the new John Paul Jones arena at UVA. Maybe not that big, b/c here in Durham, they don't even pack in Cameron most games - on TV most of what you see are the Crazies, who do pack in the lower student section. But the seats above are rarely all full, except for the big games.

If their home court were in NY/NJ they could sell out a 20,000-seat arena. But not here.

The best scenario for them would be to build something along the lines of the new John Paul Jones arena at UVA. Maybe not that big, b/c here in Durham, they don't even pack in Cameron most games - on TV most of what you see are the Crazies, who do pack in the lower student section. But the seats above are rarely all full, except for the big games.

If their home court were in NY/NJ they could sell out a 20,000-seat arena. But not here.

:eek:hmy:

Guess there's more to it than us outsiders know!

:eek:hmy:

Guess there's more to it than us outsiders know!

I grew up in Knoxville from the time I was 6 but didn't go to UT or have any family that went there. But still I'm a big Vol fan, and all of my friends from childhood are too.

Take the same kid who grew up in Durham or Raleigh - most likely they'd become a UNC or NC State fan, unless they had a parent who went to Duke. There's just too much competition for Duke here.

I think the bandwagon fans are a result of them being on ESPN so much, and all the alums who've moved out to places like NY/NJ.

VN Store

Back