Eric Berry returning for 2020?

Damn saw the title and thought he was coming back for his senior season.

Could you imagine this defense with Eric F’N Berry!

I bet the guys we got are ready to step up though. Can’t wait to see the young guys shine next season.

For a minute there, when I saw the title, I have to admit what flashed through my mind was "Dang I know Pruitt has been killing it with getting extra eligibility for our players but getting Eric Berry back? THAT would be on a legendary scale" :D

Reactions: vols40
If he is 75% of what he used to be he would be one of the better safeties in the league. JMO

Edit: Yes I am absolute homer especially for this player. He is my favorite vol. I named my new dog " EeBy " after him.
He’s my favorite too. But admittedly it’s because I actually had a math class with him. Incredibly nice guy, signed a jersey for my dad, always real humble too. Worked hard in class too.

He’s my favorite too. But admittedly it’s because I actually had a math class with him. Incredibly nice guy, signed a jersey for my dad, always real humble too. Worked hard in class too.

I took my kid to camp several years ago near Atlanta that he was hosting. EB was there with his younger brothers. They couldn't have possibly been any nicer.

The one thing I remember is the camp was being hosted a local high school in the area and he was walking off of the field into the locker room and there was a sign on the door that said " no cleats worn inside locker room " EB stopped at the door and started taking his cleats off. One of the officials from the school was standing by the door and said " oh... you don't have to worry about taking your cleats off " EB responded, " that's what the sign says.. this ain't my building I'm just blessed they let us use it to host my camp." I knew then he was a different breed of athlete. Not someone that needed to be petted, or have their ego stroked because they were famous. EB will forever live in my mind for the kind of player, and representative he was for my beloved university. Also, that hit on Knowshon from UGA was the most vicious I have ever seen to this day.

Eric Berry is a good guy
bo6pe4heqluolqevxi4w

Reactions: stevenrich2003
I took my kid to camp several years ago near Atlanta that he was hosting. EB was there with his younger brothers. They couldn't have possibly been any nicer.

The one thing I remember is the camp was being hosted a local high school in the area and he was walking off of the field into the locker room and there was a sign on the door that said " no cleats worn inside locker room " EB stopped at the door and started taking his cleats off. One of the officials from the school was standing by the door and said " oh... you don't have to worry about taking your cleats off " EB responded, " that's what the sign says.. this ain't my building I'm just blessed they let us use it to host my camp." I knew then he was a different breed of athlete. Not someone that needed to be petted, or have their ego stroked because they were famous. EB will forever live in my mind for the kind of player, and representative he was for my beloved university. Also, that hit on Knowshon from UGA was the most vicious I have ever seen to this day.

So glad this family is VFL. The truest form of class. EB here's to hoping you are good to go next season.

Reactions: TnScooby
nah, he is ball carrier that can defend himself. Clean play.

I agree with your statement but know way I lay money that given the situation at Tennessee and UGA currently that an SEC ref wouldn't call that targeting. Remember Bituli against Bama?

Reactions: TnScooby
I agree with your statement but know way I lay money that given the situation at Tennessee and UGA currently that an SEC ref wouldn't call that targeting. Remember Bituli against Bama?

...... ahh.... very fair statement. I change my mind. You are absolutely correct. The call on Bituli is the most insane call I have ever seen. So on second thought I was mistaken on my original statement.

The only argument that I have left is that KM was clearly able to defend himself and you could make and WAY OUTSIDE ARGUMENT that the bama receiver was defenseless.

Reactions: TnScooby and vols40

VN Store

Back