Eric Berry's take on Coach Jones

My cousin oldest son, 7-8 I believe was throwing the football with Mr. Berry...he took a pic and put it on FB...it was cool that Mr Berry would just be throwing the ball with one of the kids on the side during break

My cousin oldest son, 7-8 I believe was throwing the football with Mr. Berry...he took a pic and put it on FB...it was cool that Mr Berry would just be throwing the ball with one of the kids on the side during break

Stars who remember how it felt to be an awed child....are real stars...not like some of the"businessmen" we cheer for nowadays
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My brother lives in Naples Florida. He had occasion to speak with Bobby Denton the other day, and he did not hold back when he spoke of our previous head coach. I won't divulge any confidence, but suffice to say there were a lot of people, long time Tennessee people who did not like Dooley. Dooley alienated Tennessee HS coaches and even most people within the UT sports department with his arrogance. I guess I did divulge a confidence!

Last edited:
I liken CBJ's situation to anyone who has worked hard his/her whole life to reach a goal...waiting on a chance to be in a place to finally showcase the efforts put forth thru serious heart and full blown commitment. As this develops for UT/CBJ, it is more than obvious that he is grateful for this opportunity and he is here to prove to himself, college football and most importantly, the fans that he appreciates and respects the opportunity...and that he wants everyone to be glad he is our HC.

IMO, it was a blessing that he came here with fan skepticism and doubt. I believe that made him want it more and that is exactly the character that makes him who he is...and that's what is making the players/recruits buy into his vision. And ultimately, that's what will make us UT again...with a new, hungry, eagerness that will create longevity in our system again.

I CANT WAIT!!!!!

All I want Eric to do right now is persuade his little brothers to wear orange.

Oh yeah, I'm damn glad CBJ has Eric's approval

VN Store

Back