Exclusive Bob Kesling interview

I may be in the minority but I like listening to Bob and the gang on the vol network. True he screws up sometimes and can occasionally get annoying, and he has nothing on John Ward, but I enjoy hearing the broadcasts anyway. At least it beats ESPN and CBS who seem to always look down on us.

Last edited:
I think he's definitely gotten better over time. John Ward is a once in a lifetime announcer and no matter who replaced him, would not have been good enough. I will say this for Bob, he is all Vol and truly loves UT and his job. I listen to him now much more than I used to

Reactions: 2 people
Bob blows. Just because Eli Gold sucks, or Larry Munson made your ears bleed, that does not somehow justify UT having a substandard broadcaster like Bob.

Bob is so antiseptic. Sterile. Robotic. Unfeeling. Detatched

listening to kesling makes me sleepy---hopefully ut goes with a bigtime announcer in a year or two

I remember when Larry Munson was at Vanderbilt announcing the Vandy games especially the basketball games. He was great then and when he left for Georgia, it was like his announcing magic was gone. He was never as exciting as John Ward but nobody was, as John Ward was the best ever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XSXX7LoHxI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back