Experience wins in the long run......

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
Why is it that certain people on here think that Crompton will start next year???? What was the point of even getting Ainge or Shaeffer if Crompton was going to be number 1???? Someone please point out to me why in the world when the next greatest and best thing comes to UT that you think they will start.....we aren't giving any credit to the people we have NOW if we say that.......So lets pull for our experience to start.....personally I hope Ainge is the starting QB next year.....We have All-Americans coming out our butts at UT......but we still need experienced players in there.......so lets let recruiting do what it is designed to do.....improve our team......remember.......Ainge is proven, Clausen is proven, Schaeffer is proven, but Crompton is not......Crompton will be fine.......I am sure of that......but let him LEARN......he has some very good tutors if you ask me......plus he will have at least 2 seasons to learn......so LET HIM.......he will be dynamite if he does!!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• neyland.jpg
    neyland.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
I just want the best chance to win every game next year, lining up on BOTH sides of the ball. From QB to waterboy.

Its up to the staff to decide who that will be.

Not really referring to the QB's.....referring to everyone.....just using the qb's as an example.... :beer:

I have been a supporter of Crompton since recruiting last year. I still think he will be a great UT QB. However, I think that he has a tougher road ahead of him than I thought this time last year. With the emergence of Clausen and the standout play of Ainge and Schaeffer, it will not be a cakewalk.

At least now whenever it is Crompton's time, he will indeed be one of the best in the nation.

I'm thinking Crompton is going to be outstanding but only after Ainge has his amazing 2 years. Shaeffer will transfer either posistions or schools after spring practice, Clausen will be the backup this year, Crompton will RS and have 3 years to show his dominance. Ainge will be unreal this year and next then jump to the draft, Crompton will get PT as the backup next year, then tear it up while staying for 3 more. There's just something special about some people in this world and I think he is one of them, very happy to have him on board.

p.s. I just want to thank everyone on here for all the good work they put in, I've been reading for a week or two and am very thankful to everyone whose ideas, inside scoops and, hilarious musings have brought some joy into my life. Go Vols!!!

:bow:

Man, I hope Ainge stays around for his senior year. I just want to claim I played high school ball with a Heisman winner.

Experience is huge. If you consider not only theQBs last year but the DBs as well. Of course. the DBs and QBs all seemed to be improving, but it is not a far stretch to say that had RC been our QB all season, we may have won at least one more game. That was simply due to his knowlege of our playbook and offense. Our young DB corps looked like crap most of the season. Here's hoping for continued maturity and wisdom from these kids this season.

No. I don't think Clausen has the physical ability to play as well as Ainge -- although I will credit him with the fact that he can run the offense much smoother. A&M was the only time Rick looked good on his own, but the Aggie pass defense might have been some of the worst in the country. Anybody can look at least decent against a D-IAA backfield.

Yeah, I hate to downplay Rick but A&M's pass defense sucked. Rick is a great story, but I just think Ainge is a better all around QB. I mean he has accuracy, power, and he's somewhat mobile. Yes, he has few very tough games (6 pics vs. Auburn) but let's not forget he is just a Freshman. I personally am very excited to see how Ainge will turn out. I think he could be one of the best.

Watching that game reminded me of seeing Ainge play at Beaverton High School his senior year. I think he threw four or five picks that game (Beaverton is a perenial state power). Shows that he still tends to misread and make poor decisions under heavy pressure. But, with a good OL, the QB shouldn't have to bee too subject to pressure.

If the OL can keep Ainge safe next year, and Erik learns the offense, look for him to do great things. We need the wall up front, though!

because that was a very rare thing to see. that usually never happens. we got very lucky that we pulled ainge out and schaffer to play like they were juniors. it was a very rare thing to see.

i think its because our offense is a run first then pass type offense. it gives the qb more time to pass off the playaction. also it doesnt all rely on the qb in our offense. its all about the running game.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 25, 2005 8:15 PM
because that was a very rare thing to see. that usually never happens. we got very lucky that we pulled ainge out and schaffer to play like they were juniors. it was a very rare thing to see.

i dont think shaffer played like a junior let crompton come and compete we will always get good quarterbacks at tennessee this year and the years to come. you can thank peyton for that.

Attachments

• 14_copy.jpg
    14_copy.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
let me tell you this about schaffer. if it wasnt for him, i think we would have lost the florida and the south carolina game. he played great, but ainge just got more playing time. the only reason why everyone started getting off his bandwagon is because he started to only get one series a game and then when he did get in it was only because nothing was working, running game or anything. he never got his fair shot at playing. he never did anything wrong. i feel fulmer and rs really screwed him over. i would like you to show me how schaffer was any worse than ainge. prove to me. and you cant use stats because ainge had 4x the playing time then schaffer. all i am saying is if i was schaffer i would not be playing for tennessee anymore.

because the truth hurts he did not play like a junior he did not look confortable in the pocket i will admit he had his moments but still you cant win football games scrambling in the pocket every time and to say that no one was ever open would be a lie he played like a freshmen a lot of the time not to say that with time he could be a great quarterback for us but he wont stay that long and my one proof for you will be not stats but the bowl game dont tell me he didnt get protection there because we played the best game of the year there and he did nothing but make a appearancE. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HIM I WISH HE WOULD STAY BUT YOU CANT LEAVE A GUY IN WHEN HE IS NOT PRODUCTIVE. :)

Attachments

• hallsack.jpg
    hallsack.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2
but what im saying is show me when he wasnt productive. unlv got the sart, productive. flordia got the start, productive. sc got alot of playing time, main reason we won the game. and you can win games scrambiling in the pocket all the time. ask micheal vick, marcus randall, and daunte culpepper.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 25, 2005 10:47 PM
let me tell you this about schaffer. if it wasnt for him, i think we would have lost the florida and the south carolina game. he played great, but ainge just got more playing time. the only reason why everyone started getting off his bandwagon is because he started to only get one series a game and then when he did get in it was only because nothing was working, running game or anything. he never got his fair shot at playing. he never did anything wrong. i feel fulmer and rs really screwed him over. i would like you to show me how schaffer was any worse than ainge. prove to me. and you cant use stats because ainge had 4x the playing time then schaffer. all i am saying is if i was schaffer i would not be playing for tennessee anymore.

Well, I guess we all better be glad you aren't Schaeffer, babe.

;)

im telling you he wont be back. he is to good of a wb to be riding the bench for ainge. i say he will either go to vt or nc state.

I think I saw a thread somewhere that the Miami board is claiming that they are going to get one of our QB's.

VN Store

Back