Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit against NFL

I don’t think he has much of a case against the Giants or Broncos. No way to prove that he wasn’t hired specifically because he is black. That’s the double edged sword of the Rooney Rule. Are you interviewing someone out of real interest or to satisfy a requirement? And how do you determine that from a legal stand point?

The Dolphins stuff is way more interesting as it suggests he was fired specifically because he wouldn’t tank games and take money under the table or violate NFL rules. He probably has a case there and I’m sure the Dolphins will let a few heads roll to save face.

Also, Belichick texting the wrong person is both hilarious and crappy for Flores, but sending a text to the wrong person isn’t a crime. Suggesting that the hire was predetermined before Flores was even interviewed is interesting, but Belichick can easy pretend he was just guessing and sent the wrong text to the wrong person.

He literally has almost zero case except against the NFL/Dolphins with The Rooney Rule and tampering, and what’s the suggestion? Get rid of it and replace it with what? You have to interview two minority coaches?

Also I find it hilarious that Flores is the one bringing it up. He coached for one team, was never a coordinator and got hired at 37 years old when his resume compared to some others wasn’t as good.

Do I think there are issues with the NFL and their hiring practices of minorities? Yes. But Brian Flores hasn’t been a victim of that IMO.

Last edited:
The only way the issues are going to get fixed his with the owners. How we do that? I don’t know. Maybe some sort of training? The NFL already incentivizes team to hire minorities. The Rooney Rule is bad I agree. I think it does more harm than good. Make NFL teams keep coaches for 3 years so you don’t have a Culley situation? I have no clue.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
He literally has almost zero case except against the NFL/Dolphins with The Rooney Rule and tampering, and what’s the suggestion? Get rid of it and replace it with what? You have to interview two minority coaches?

Also I find it hilarious that Flores is the one bringing it up. He coached for one team, was never a coordinator and got hired at 37 years old when his resume compared to some others wasn’t as good.

Do I think there are issues with the NFL and their hiring practices of minorities? Yes. But Brian Flores hasn’t been a victim of that IMO.

I’ll tread lightly here when I say this, but is there a day when the NFL requires a certain number of coaches to be minorities? As in, if NFL mandates 5 head coaches must be a minority and there’s only 3, if a team fires their head coach, they must hire a minority.

It’s beyond far fetched, but you could argue it’s just taking the Rooney Rule one step further.

I don’t know. But, I have no doubt there’s a good ole boy club within the NFL that we have no insight into.

A few hours and the adjudication is over. A shame all jurisprudence can’t be done so quickly.

I’ll tread lightly here when I say this, but is there a day when the NFL requires a certain number of coaches to be minorities? As in, if NFL mandates 5 head coaches must be a minority and there’s only 3, if a team fires their head coach, they must hire a minority.

It’s beyond far fetched, but you could argue it’s just taking the Rooney Rule one step further.

I don’t know. But, I have no doubt there’s a good ole boy club within the NFL that we have no insight into.
Which owners are going to volunteer to be told who they can hire? The NFL doesn't run crap. Rodger doesn't run crap. He's a meat shield for the public to take its anger out on so the owners don't have to be called to the carpet

Which owners are going to volunteer to be told who they can hire? The NFL doesn't run crap. Rodger doesn't run crap. He's a meat shield for the public to take its anger out on so the owners don't have to be called to the carpet

I guess you missed the part where I said it’s beyond far fetched.

Reactions: volfanhill

Not so sure of that. He claims he was told to tank. I can believe that, remember suck for Luck? He has the NFL in a very difficult tube and situation. There will be a settlement.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Not so sure of that. He claims he was told to tank. I can believe that, remember suck for Luck? He has the NFL in a very difficult tube and situation. There will be a settlement.
Did he ever report it to the NFL? If so it would make his claims more valid. Otherwise seems like he’s only trying to claim something after the fact to try and bolster a weak lawsuit.

Did he ever report it to the NFL? If so it would make his claims more valid. Otherwise seems like he’s only trying to claim something after the fact to try and bolster a weak lawsuit.
I don't know, would be odd for him to considering that would put his employment in jeapordy. Seems like he was put in an impossible situation to me. Appears he was asked to tank for better draft status, then fired because he didn't win enough. I would have been pissed, then after interviews when he didn't feel like he was treated with respect, or in fairness...... Hell I would sue too.

I don't know, would be odd for him to considering that would put his employment in jeapordy. Seems like he was put in an impossible situation to me. Appears he was asked to tank for better draft status, then fired because he didn't win enough. I would have been pissed, then after interviews when he didn't feel like he was treated with respect, or in fairness...... Hell I would sue too.
His employment was no longer in jeopardy once he was fired, so he could have notified the NFL then.

His employment was no longer in jeopardy once he was fired, so he could have notified the NFL then.
If you feel there's a double standard that what works against you why bring it up and make yourself toxic? Maybe the way he felt he was treated during the interview and hiring process was the straw.

If you feel there's a double standard that what works against you why bring it up and make yourself toxic? Maybe the way he felt he was treated during the interview and hiring process was the straw.
They wouldn't necessarily know it was him. It could have been the "mystery" QB who was the whistleblower. Or a deckhand on the yacht. Or the valet at the yacht club.

They wouldn't necessarily know it was him. It could have been the "mystery" QB who was the whistleblower. Or a deckhand on the yacht. Or the valet at the yacht club.
Even if it was suspected he would be blackballed.

He's gonna win.

Count the number of black coaches that were hired for a short time during a rebuild. Tanked. Got paid. Got rid of. This is starting to look like the move.

Hue Jackson suggests Browns' Jimmy Haslam paid him to tank during his time with Cleveland

Broncos did it to Vance Joseph*. Cardinals did it to Wilks. He got 1 freaking year with Josh Rosen as his QB. Dolphins did it to Flores even though he was winning. Browns did it to Hue Jackson. Those are the ones I've thought of off the top of my dome. Can they establish a pattern?

*Fangio got a third year for having 1 more win than Joseph

Count the number of black coaches that were hired for a short time during a rebuild. Tanked. Got paid. Got rid of. This is starting to look like the move.

Hue Jackson suggests Browns' Jimmy Haslam paid him to tank during his time with Cleveland

Broncos did it to Vance Joseph*. Cardinals did it to Wilks. He got 1 freaking year with Josh Rosen as his QB. Dolphins did it to Flores even though he was winning. Browns did it to Hue Jackson. Those are the ones I've thought of off the top of my dome. Can they establish a pattern?

*Fangio got a third year for having 1 more win than Joseph
Hue Jackson was just a s*****y HC

Reactions: GreveHaller

VN Store

Back