favorite bar in Knoxville past or present

I'm a little shocked some of you haven't brought up The Carousel

The Last Lap, and I can't believe no one said, The Press Box Lounge, just a little ways up the hill on 17th. That was my place long about '79 or '80.

Start friday afternoon at the Lap, get a $5 college parlay sheet from the bartender printed on that index card material, fill that out over a pitcher or two...pop over to the Longbranch for a beer and then head up a couple doors to shoot a game of pool at Rudy's with Max (the owner). Then head to Hawkeyes for happy hour and maybe a game of trivia, then to the old city...hit Lucilles patio to see who's playing and maybe get a bite to eat if there's a table. Then head back to the fort for a keg party and finish at Vic and Bills for a 3am breakfast. This was early 90's.

Anyone ever hit Fort Sanders Yacht Club? I usually have a fun time in that hole in the wall...or hole in the hallway.

My wife and I stayed off Cedar Bluff over the weekend for the game. She found Tennessee Taphouse, and it was sneaky great. The nachos were unbelievable, and they have a long list of drafts. Then a band played at 7:00, and the place was rocking. Fun people watching, too.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
The Tap House has fantastic pizza but we eat early to miss the music. Very good service.

My wife and I stayed off Cedar Bluff over the weekend for the game. She found Tennessee Taphouse, and it was sneaky great. The nachos were unbelievable, and they have a long list of drafts. Then a band played at 7:00, and the place was rocking. Fun people watching, too.
Which band? My friend plays there a good bit, and they rock.

Goal Post Tavern was awesome. The only place I knew of that opened at 8AM no matter what time kickoff was.

VN Store

Back