Favorite Qb

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
Sorry. guess i shoulda prolly put this with the unfavorite QB list but who was your most favorite QB at tennessee BESIDES PEYTON. Mine would have to be Tony Robinson he mighta been a little b4 my time but the guy had unbeleivable arm strength and his passes were right on the money.

Jim Bob Cooter! I really wish they would play him because that is the best name in UT history. Maybe we should all get together and buy #8 Cooter jerseys. I bet they would sell like hotcakes.

Actually, my favorite was Todd Helton. How much did he risk just to put on the helmet? Also, he was fearless. Anyone remember what game he knocked that LB flat? I think it was UCLA but not sure.

its got to be clausan cause i watched him when he was a sophmore till he ended his carrer with a personal record of over 400 yards passing at the peach bowl

u guys like the pic lol

Attachments

• 3park.jpg
    3park.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
Tee gotta be #1 period.. He is the one that got us the championship. Clausen was almost #2 because he was a half away from another one

I've got to go with Touchdown Tony also. That guy had it all.

Ditto on Condredge. He was my intro to the Big Orange as a little boy. Man I thought he was a superhero.

Yes Virginia, there is a superman, and he wears number 7.

Condridge Holloway may be the most legendary..I think they even wrote a song about him. Anyone remember the words?

Shuler for me. I wish he had got a fair shake in the NFL. He got with two bad coaches and never stood a chance for a career. The guy they chose over him at Wash. isn't a name anymore, so it goes to show you that the wrong system can ruin a great player.

GVF I believe Heath cost himself a role in the NFL. He held out for a lotta money, didn't get it and showed up to camp very late. Too late to learn the offense and adjust to NFL speed. He also decided to dabble with the DC politicians and was known for his politico parties while in DC. He never seemed to be able to focus on the job at hand due to the influence the big dollar had on him. IMO he was a wasted talent and prolly wasted his own talent. I still love the guy, though.

I agree holding out hurt him.I think he should of stayed his senior year..But Shuler also had a horrible o-lone he was playing behind..He was running for his life..

I think given the right situation, like being able to play behind a veteran for a year or 2..Shuler would of been a star..He is my alltime favorite VOLUNTEER>>

Attachments

• shuler2.jpg
    shuler2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3
Darryl Dickey. Not the strongest arm or the most gifted QB at UT. But after Robinson went down, he didnt do anything to LOSE the SEC Championship and he didnt LOSE to Miami in the SUgar Bowl.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 15, 2005 8:27 AM
Condridge Holloway may be the most legendary..I think they even wrote a song about him. Anyone remember the words?

It said something about break away Holloway.

It was great.

How many college QBs can claim that.

Not many.

I vote for Condredge as well. He's still working with the Athletic department in some capacity.

Heath Shuler...and if he hadn't held out about his contract he probably would have done much better in the pros, when the team your playing for doesn't like you all the talent in the world won't save you.

Tee Martin.. Period Championship in college.. World Bowl Appearance in Europe and given time well see him in the pros. If he can learn the speed of the NFL game he will be another McNair. Looked decent in his three chances to play with the Steeler and Raiders. I would love to see Tee being the first guy to appear in the NCAA, NFLE, CFL, and NFL championships. Laugh but he has done two of them already. Go get your dreams Tee!

Hodges

Hmmm, tough one! Might have been Heath Shuler before Peyton, but may have to go with Tee Martin because he gave the Vols an NC. He was very versatile. Good arm and good runner. That's what the Vols need in a QB-one QB that can do both, not have 2 QB's where one is a better runner than a passer and vice versa.

VN Store

Back