Favorite Single Play(s)

Mike Terry’s interception in the end zone against Bama in ‘82.

My play is from the same game, the Walter Lewis fumble on the first play from scrimmage that seemed to be loose and bouncing for like 30 seconds. I've never heard a stadium that loud before or since.

Gotta be the Hail Mary against Georgia for me
This or freshman safety Eric Berry serving notice to the entire SEC putting the vaunted at the time UGA RB Knowsho Moreno up in the cheap seats. Seeing Knowsho stumble out of the game not wanting any more for a while is the cherry on top to that play for me.

Two honorable mentions of mine both involve Jujaun Jennings. The first is JJ on a UT interception return laying out a UGA 300+ lb DL on a block took the guy to his knees. Last but not least JJ burning the celebrated gator CB Tabor for a TD down the sideline at Neyland. I was there that day and it was glorious.

Last edited:
Has anyone cited the interception return against Bama where the DB (pointed) up in the stands?

We may not have been very good then but boy, did we have attitude-in a good way!

Reactions: Remy and SAPPER 5
Sept 2nd, my birthday back in 2006. Robert Meacham catching the pass from Ainge and just pushing the Cal DB down like a dog. Hope spring eternal. Happy Birthday, that was a good day

2nd half beat down vs Georgia 06,never seen such a swing in a game, besides rally in death valley, but that uga 06 was 🔥🔥

Floyd Miley block field goal return, ND '91. (Kudos to Aaron Hayden reference - to me, though, this is the play that started the comeback.)

I was boarding a flight to Europe and we were getting our butts kicked - that play was the last thing I got to see and a little consolation. There was no internet back then, and the European version of USA Today did not carry college football scores. I didn't know we had completed the miracle until a couple days later when the college football rankings came out and I realized somehow we came back and won. One of my top five all-time favorite UT games.
The butt block lives in my memory.

Reactions: kcvols1
Also, all 8 sacks of Testaverde in the beat down of Thug U.
To this day I can still hear Frank Broyle’s pregame response to the question from Jackson, “Do you think Tennessee can get any pressure on Testeverde?”…….. “I don’t see how Chris”.

All those sacks, pressures and fumbles topped off by the Powell run was extremely joy producing. For days.

To this day I can still hear Frank Broyle’s pregame response to the question from Jackson, “Do you think Tennessee can get any pressure on Testeverde?”…….. “I don’t see how Chris”.

All those sacks, pressures and fumbles topped off by the Powell run was extremely joy producing. For days.
We had a heck of a DC back then. I think he came from Bama after the Bear retired. IIRC, he brought all kinds of blitzes and offenses that year had trouble picking them up. By ‘88 though, everyone had it/him figured out and Major’s let him go.

We had a heck of a DC back then. I think he came from Bama after the Bear retired. IIRC, he brought all kinds of blitzes and offenses that year had trouble picking them up. By ‘88 though, everyone had it/him figured out and Major’s let him go.
No they didn't. '87 we were 10-2-1, tied top 5 Aurburn and one game (Boston College when Jeff Francis was hurt) from playing in a nice Florida Bowl. '88 was when the offense did not work for the first 6 games and Majors wanted Coach Donahue to not coach on the field and only be D-coordinator. Coach Donahue said he most enjoyed working with the kids on the field and left.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back