Favorite Vol Play of All Time

Originally posted by volinbham@Jun 14, 2005 4:14 PM
The other block was to seal the win.  I believe our guy got in so fast that he dove past the ball and it actually hit him in the butt enough to go short and right!

I think it was a back-up kicker because the starter ?Lee? was hurt on the block at the end of the half.
[snapback]103885[/snapback]​

Jeremy Lincoln got the block, Craig Hentrich was the injured kicker.

Ive thought on this off and on all day yesterday. Its just difficult trying to seperate the fav play and just clean cut master piece of athlete and or raw skill.

Me i like the head hunter, making the big stop, and add insult to injury, the deflation type. But i also love the , SECCG' When players are down but not out. Run 75+ get it called back, and shove it back in their nose again. Houston/Riggs showed a ton of heart.

I like to believe, in 21 years of being a vols nutcase, with 15 of them being almost a passion, I havent seen my fav play yet! Its still to come.......I'd be lie'n if i didnt mention a 79 yarder from Tee to Price for the go ahead score, and wound up sealing the deal on what seemed to be the longest season.

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jun 14, 2005 4:08 PM
I think you mean the Miracle @ South Bend when UT blocked a kick at the end of the 1st half in 1991.  Tyrone Hines (i think) ran it for a TD to start the comeback.
[snapback]103882[/snapback]​

It was Floyd Miley who took the blocked FG back for a TD before the half in the 1991 ND game. It was Jeremy Lincoln who semi blocked the game winning attempt.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Jun 14, 2005 6:37 PM
Jeremy Lincoln got the block, Craig Hentrich was the injured kicker.
[snapback]103966[/snapback]​

Rob Leonard was the kicker who missed it.

1999 Bama - Were up 14-7, been controlling the majority of the 4th quarter, Tee hit Cedric Wilson on a WR screen the made big yardage. 2 plays later is one of my favorite plays when Tee play actioned and rolled right for 21 yards and Tennessee Touchdown. I loved that play so much because it sealed the game and the bammers fate and all I did was turn around to all of the Bama fans with my index finger over my mouth making sure the Bama fans were quiet so they could hear the big orange faithful celebrate. Shortly after that, my 5 fingers went in the air to let them know that we own them.

2001 Bama - Casey Clausen Bootleg on a 9 minute drive in the 4th to answer a Bama TD. After the ensuing Bama drive that went 3 and out, the Bama fans started to hit the exits.......which is always a great sight for Vol fans.

1992 Florida - Mose Phillips 67 yard run the down pour cutting through Gators.

2003 Bama - 4th and 19.....Bring it on Alabama. Casey Clausen hits CJ Fayton over the middle and its 1st and 10 and the Vols are gonna score again.

Just to name a few.

My 4 favs are

Travis Henry for about 20, Travis henry for about 10, Travis Henry for about 8, and Travis Henry diving over for a 2 yard Score--- all happening after the Stoerner fumble in 98.

number 1 is the Deon Grant pick against florida in '98. wow.

of course "the catch" in the fiesta bowl is up there.

leonard little tipping the pass against alabama in 97 to win the game. awesome stuff by little.

Manning to Kent, 1st play, 95 Bama game

Missed FG, OT, 98 Florida game

Tackle by Fred White whch upended a Gator (looked like a wrestling move), Kickoff, 96 Florida game

Travis Stephens takes it to the house, 3rd quarter, 01 Florida game

Originally posted by volbrian@Jun 15, 2005 9:24 PM
My 4 favs are

Travis Henry for about 20, Travis henry for about 10, Travis Henry for about 8, and Travis Henry diving over for a 2 yard Score--- all happening after the Stoerner fumble in 98.
[snapback]104290[/snapback]​

that is also one of mine :bow:

Everytime that we score is my favorite play. Obviously too many to list.

VN Store

Back