Federal Minimum Wage

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!
We’ve made it since 2009 without an increase in the federal minimum wage. That includes 8 years of Obama and nearly 4 years of Biden. To my knowledge neither Biden nor Trump have mentioned any plans to raise the federal minimum wage.

Have both sides accepted that it’s obsolete?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
We’ve made it since 2009 without an increase in the federal minimum wage. That includes 8 years of Obama and nearly 4 years of Biden. To my knowledge neither Biden nor Trump have mentioned any plans to raise the federal minimum wage.

No. It is a valuable rhetorical tool to gin up anger and fear for both sides. It isn't really obsolete until it's political value is zero.

No. It is a valuable rhetorical tool to gin up anger and fear for both sides. It isn't really obsolete until it's political value is zero.

On a federal level, at a minimum its power has decreased. I don’t even hear much about it from mainstream democrats. Outside of Bernie and AOC

On a federal level, at a minimum its power has decreased. I don’t even hear much about it from mainstream democrats. Outside of Bernie and AOC
You know how politicians are. Let's see how much they talk it up during the presidential campaign season?

You know how politicians are. Let's see how much they talk it up during the presidential campaign season?

Will be interesting for sure. I could see either candidate pulling it out. Trump obviously isn’t a traditional conservative and has a recent Teamsters endorsement.

Will be interesting for sure. I could see either candidate pulling it out. Trump obviously isn’t a traditional conservative and has a recent Teamsters endorsement.
Beyond political rhetoric, i tend to agree with you that it is a dead issue. There's such a disparity between high cost of living areas and low cost of living areas I don't know how they could make a federal standard that would be suitable for everyone.

Beyond political rhetoric, i tend to agree with you that it is a dead issue. There's such a disparity between high cost of living areas and low cost of living areas I don't know how they could make a federal standard that would be suitable for everyone.
👞📯

Will you return to this thread and declare the death of the federal minimum wage if it’s not brought up by either candidate between now and Election Day? I want a dramatic The Crucible, “God is dead!” level proclamation

Reactions: hog88 and McDad
Will you return to this thread and declare the death of the federal minimum wage if it’s not brought up by either candidate between now and Election Day? I want a dramatic The Crucible, “God is dead!” level proclamation
Yes. If no real mention, this will be me returning to the thread:
office-the.gif

Reality is the federal minimum wage is dead, but it will be brought up in the coming campaign.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Reality is the federal minimum wage is dead, but it will be brought up in the coming campaign.

I could be wrong, but I don’t recall it much during 2020. I’m sure AOC and Bernie mentioned it during primary season, but outside of that, no

In East TN, the local chic-fil-a is advertising starting pay of $16 an hour. If you’re a poor soul working for $8 an hour, please look around as you don’t have to work for that little.

In East TN, the local chic-fil-a is advertising starting pay of $16 an hour. If you’re a poor soul working for $8 an hour, please look around as you don’t have to work for that little.
They are having significant troubles, like everyone else, sourcing labor. Friend of mine has two CFAs. Having a tough time

No, not both sides. But one side is a master of lying about it. https://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/miniumum-wage-executive-order-barack-obama-103450

And also blocking efforts to get the people's business done. Nixon referred to politics as The Beast. He was right.
1. Senate votes to block another Obama-era rule
2. https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/28/republicans-messaging-biden-personal-484812

The current clowns in Congress are interested only in one-upmanship rather than prudent governance. Just look at the likes of the blonde dumbshell during Biden's State of the Union speech. Might as well have voted middle school kids into office. You can't get much IF ANY meaningful business done with grudge clowns running the government.

Last edited:
Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back