Feleipe Franks transferring to Arkansas (Vols play 10/31)

I hope we can get pay back and this is not another one of those times when an opponent's QB blows us out. Franks hail mary and the lack of holding calls on the offensive line against our D on that play really was a gut punch. Instead of a game winning TD, the refs should have tacked on another ten yards and repeat the play.
If they would have called holding, I believe its an automatic 10 second run off inside of 2 minutes so it would have been end of regulation and onto OT.

Please stop trying to argue in every thread.

I didn't make any comparisons.

He was playing well. 76% 9.8 ypa 173.4 qb rating.

Easy way to solve this. Resident Gator posters. Do you think Franks was playing well before his injury? Wasn't he supposed to be benched the year before but then Emory Jones got hurt or something?

Reactions: I40flyer
Dude just stop obsessing over my posts and opinions fanboy.
Nah. I'm having fun and you're easy. Don't like it? Do what you actually lied about doing months ago and stop responding. I'm still going to call you out... but you don't have to read. I'm doing it primarily for the benefit of others any way.

He had a 151.6 qb rating with 63% and 9.4 ypa one game and 154.2 rating on 70% passing and 10.2 ypa the other game.
And they struggled to beat a bad Miami team and a UK team that was not as good as they would become. Interesting that again you ignore "stats" that refute your narrative.

He did throw a few picks. I didn't say he was perfect. He was playing well stats wise and the team won.
Oh, so wins matter now? Wins reflect the performance of a QB?

With Franks against two average opponents UF scored 26.5 ppg. With Trask against the meat of their schedule and the best D's they faced, UF scored 32.9 ppg.

Trask was better. It wasn't close. And we both know why you defend a guy like Franks who has always underperformed his talent because of what's between his ears.

Nah. I'm having fun and you're easy. Don't like it? Do what you actually lied about doing months ago and stop responding. I'm still going to call you out... but you don't have to read. I'm doing it primarily for the benefit of others any way.

And they struggled to beat a bad Miami team and a UK team that was not as good as they would become. Interesting that again you ignore "stats" that refute your narrative.

With Franks against two average opponents UF scored 26.5 ppg. With Trask against the meat of their schedule and the best D's they faced, UF scored 32.9 ppg.

Trask was better. It wasn't close. And we both know why you defend a guy like Franks who has always underperformed his talent because of what's between his ears.
When did I once mention Trask weirdo? Get off my sack. I know you hang on my every word.

He was playing well. Numbers wise and the TEAM won.

Reactions: I40flyer

I watched that Miami game. Franks was bad. They barely won, and I think Gator D had ten sacks in the game. Even when he got completions, his receivers were diving or jumping for the ball. Nothing in stride. Didn't watch Kentucky, but I think UF was on the way to losing it before Franks got injured. Franks is a major reason why I think Mullen is overrated. Mullen came at a time when two of his three biggest rivals were at their lowest points. He could not capitalize on that with a championship season. He went with a QB as a starter that seemed to be very much outplayed by the backup. That's bad player assessment.

Well, UT is on an upswing, and I think the new FSU coach is leaps and bounds ahead of Tagart. Hard to talk smack about Florida, but I think they are heading for some dark years.

You have to summon them to an actual Florida topic: @lawgator1 @Lawrence Wright @99gator

LOL. Does that even work? I don't really care that much. I just don't think it makes any sense for Vols to be arguing over how well Franks performed. For once, the Gators can be useful and clue us in to whether they thought he was effective. We are going to crush Arkansas.

Reactions: BeardedVol
You have to summon them to an actual Florida topic: @lawgator1 @Lawrence Wright @99gator

Yes, much like Satan, we have to be called up.

As to the original question, FF had his moments, surely. And I do think he has a cannon for an arm, is strong and not afraid to take a hit. He can also be a run threat at short distance.

But he has trouble making quick throwing decisions and I've seen no evidence he can read a defense, or react to a change by them as a play goes off. Some QBs have that ability to think "what if my primary is suddenly covered? Who will therefore be open now?" I don't think he has that crtitical skill.

Yes, much like Satan, we have to be called up.

As to the original question, FF had his moments, surely. And I do think he has a cannon for an arm, is strong and not afraid to take a hit. He can also be a run threat at short distance.

But he has trouble making quick throwing decisions and I've seen no evidence he can read a defense, or react to a change by them as a play goes off. Some QBs have that ability to think "what if my primary is suddenly covered? Who will therefore be open now?" I don't think he has that crtitical skill.

You kind of glossed over the question, and now I oddly find myself invested in this debate. Was Franks a good QB. The debate seems to be whether he was a good QB or not. He ripped my heart out once, but I watched a couple Gator games after and never thought he looked good. If you Gators think he was a good QB, then I would put some stock in it. Selfishly, I hope you answer no. Him being a not-so-great qb lends firepower to my anti-Mullen assessment.

You kind of glossed over the question, and now I oddly find myself invested in this debate. Was Franks a good QB. The debate seems to be whether he was a good QB or not. He ripped my heart out once, but I watched a couple Gator games after and never thought he looked good. If you Gators think he was a good QB, then I would put some stock in it. Selfishly, I hope you answer no. Him being a not-so-great qb lends firepower to my anti-Mullen assessment.

He was a loyal Gator and put up with an enormous amount of negativity from fans, myself included. Yet he tried relentlessly. You are not going to get me to characterize him as simply "good"or "bad." It is considerably more complicated then that.

Reactions: Jaws and tnutater
He was a loyal Gator and put up with an enormous amount of negativity from fans, myself included. Yet he tried relentlessly. You are not going to get me to characterize him as simply "good"or "bad." It is considerably more complicated then that.

If given the choice, in 2020 would you rather have Franks or Trask at QB?

Reactions: CrybabyVol
When did I once mention Trask weirdo? Get off my sack. I know you hang on my every word.
LOL... You would be that delusional. Again, stop posting your ignorant non-sense and you won't have to worry about me. Keep posting it and... there I'll be.

"Weirdo"... classic coming from someone with a cult mentality and prejudices like yours.

He was playing well. Numbers wise and the TEAM won.
So wins now matter?

He wasn't playing as well as you think. Again stats have to be viewed in the context of what you SEE. JG has proved nothing if not that you can have nice "stats" and be an ineffective QB.

Reactions: igotworms
LOL. Does that even work? I don't really care that much. I just don't think it makes any sense for Vols to be arguing over how well Franks performed. For once, the Gators can be useful and clue us in to whether they thought he was effective. We are going to crush Arkansas.

Franks did not progress between 2018 and 2019.

We were well on our way to a second straight loss to Kentucky when he was injured.

Sounds like a qb that we all know.

I gave a like because of the poor little flat chested girl in your avi.

I appreciate his perseverance during his time at UF, but it was clear after the Miami game and midway through the Kentucky game that Franks wasn’t taking us to the next level.

I wish him well at Arkansas, and I’m glad he saw the writing on the wall with how Trask and Jones preformed when pressed into action.

Franks leaving UF is a win-win for both parties.

I’ve always hated Franks. I never thought he was good since his Elite 11 days. The kid had the frame for sure tho. Also the first time I knew we were gonna have problems with JG. Been saying he couldn’t hit a garage door for years lol. WHERE ARE THE PERCENTAGES NOW!!!
Also we will completely dismantle the razorbacks next year. Prob a good choice for franks tho. He’ll start

I watched that Miami game. Franks was bad. They barely won, and I think Gator D had ten sacks in the game. Even when he got completions, his receivers were diving or jumping for the ball. Nothing in stride. Didn't watch Kentucky, but I think UF was on the way to losing it before Franks got injured. Franks is a major reason why I think Mullen is overrated. Mullen came at a time when two of his three biggest rivals were at their lowest points. He could not capitalize on that with a championship season. He went with a QB as a starter that seemed to be very much outplayed by the backup.
LOL.

I appreciate his perseverance during his time at UF, but it was clear after the Miami game and midway through the Kentucky game that Franks wasn’t taking us to the next level.

I wish him well at Arkansas, and I’m glad he saw the writing on the wall with how Trask and Jones preformed when pressed into action.

Franks leaving UF is a win-win for both parties.

From what I read, FF had friends on the team that wanted him to keep that position earlier on. Not sure if that was still going to be the case moving forward. But if it was, I'm glad he chose a path that didn't divide the team's loyalties.

VN Store

Back