Fentanyl coming in record volumes.

Make it strong enough and its use (overuse) is self limiting.
It’s kinda already there. There is some kind of gang war going on in the Hampton area. The skinny is some head honcho over drugs in Newport news got gunned down and his people are flooding the oppositions area with fentanyl laced cocaine that’s very strong. I think I’ve seen about 15 total now that take the drug, have an MI, pass out, seize from hypoxia and end up with anoxic brain injury.
Lots of body bags.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I wouldn't move back. Income tax, sales tax, personal property tax, annual vehicle inspections ext ext.
Big bingo. The commonwealth will tax you too death. I shudder every time they are going to “fix something” here. The Hampton tunnel project they started early last year is already 10 months behind schedule.

Reactions: hog88
Big bingo. The commonwealth will tax you too death. I shudder every time they are going to “fix something” here. The Hampton tunnel project they started early last year is already 10 months behind schedule.
What are they doing to the tunnels? Believe it or not, when I first remember going from Hampton across to Norfolk we took a ferry and I don't think it went to Norfolk, I think it went to Suffolk or Chesapeake. Anyway, never underestimate the ability of the government to screw up an area.

What are they doing to the tunnels? Believe it or not, when I first remember going from Hampton across to Norfolk we took a ferry and I don't think it went to Norfolk, I think it went to Suffolk or Chesapeake. Anyway, never underestimate the ability of the government to screw up an area.
They are expanding the choke point on the HRBT to 4 lanes in and 4 lanes out. It’s currently 2 in 2 out under the shipping entrance to port Norfolk. You can be stuck in that flow in and out depending on time of day for 2 hours normally. The HRBT is still the only free tunnel system into Norfolk at the present.
I think the court case already went forward years ago because they were trying to make the HRBT a toll. The way I read it they were denied because Norfolk would have had a monopoly on travel in and out of Norfolk with paid tolls. Around that time a whole bunch of big wigs went to jail for fraud and kickbacks on construction on the tunnels. It went all the way up to the mayor.

Last edited:
They are expanding the choke point on the HRBT to 4 lanes in and 4 lanes out. It’s currently 2 in 2 out under the shipping entrance to port Norfolk. You can be stuck in that flow in and out depending on time of day for 2 hours normally. The HRBT is still the only free tunnel system into Norfolk at the present.
Damn, 4 in 4 out! Back in the 60's it was one in and one out and if my oldest brother was driving it was 0 in 0 out when he had a wreck in the tunnel.

Not meant to look like candy. Meant to look like ecstasy.

The stamps and speckling are a nice touch.
The problem with fentanyl is that a decent oral dose is 500mcg or 0.5mg.

The people stamping these tablets probably aren't all that concerned with quality control and likely can't spell "calibrate" much less perform it on the scales they use.

I've spent time in labs. 500mcg is about 0.0000175 ounces. It's very, very easy to make an error even with the best standards and equipment.

I don't want to trust Bubba in a trailer in Grainger County to make my fentanyl tablets.

The problem with fentanyl is that a decent oral dose is 500mcg or 0.5mg.

The people stamping these tablets probably aren't all that concerned with quality control and likely can't spell "calibrate" much less perform it on the scales they use.

I've spent time in labs. 500mcg is about 0.0000175 ounces. It's very, very easy to make an error even with the best standards and equipment.

I don't want to trust Bubba in a trailer in Grainger County to make my fentanyl tablets.
I won’t judge you based on whom you buy your fentanyl tablets from.

I won’t judge you based on whom you buy your fentanyl tablets from.
Thanks. And I'm sure you know where you buy yours from.

That IS the issue. Fentanyl has a low margin of error when it's manufactured and users have zero idea where it came from.

Unlike even heroin, the margin for overdose error is very, very small, especially when fentanyl is just a cutting agent in the tablet. Screw up even slightly adding fentanyl when there's already morphine or oxycodone in a tablet mix and you've got overdoses.

It's not like Mylan is stamping these tablets.

Thanks. And I'm sure you know where you buy yours from.

That IS the issue. Fentanyl has a low margin of error when it's manufactured and users have zero idea where it came from.

Unlike even heroin, the margin for overdose error is very, very small, especially when fentanyl is just a cutting agent in the tablet. Screw up even slightly adding fentanyl when there's already morphine or oxycodone in a tablet mix and you've got overdoses.

It's not like Mylan is stamping these tablets.
We took a wrong turn somewhere.

Not meant to look like candy. Meant to look like ecstasy.

The stamps and speckling are a nice touch.

Or "meant to look like ecstacy pills looked circa 2000AD the last time i had any" lol...from what i understand young folks just buy MDMA or similar analogues they call "molly" by the gram as powder these days. They were brightly colored, stamped tabs like "mitsubishi" ",mercedes" emblems etc when i was 20ish. By far the best drug i ever used, and i pretty much tried them all back in the day.

Last edited:

Or "meant to look like ecstacy pills looked circa 2000AD the last time i had any" lol...from what i understand young folks just buy MDMA or similar analogues they call "molly" by the gram as powder these days. They were brightly colored, stamped tabs like "mitsubishi" ",mercedes" emblems etc when i was 20ish. By far the best drug i ever used, and i pretty much tried them all back in the day.
How many years did it take you to finish under grad ? :)

How many years did it take you to finish under grad ? :)

I have only ever attended UT for ballgames, never went to college. Have a son at Liberty and will have a daughter somewhere similar in a couple years though. Partied at ECU, UNCW, UNCC, Chapel Hill etc as a kid. Way too many idiots in college honestly, wish it were more difficult to get in academically and much cheaper than it currently is. Thank you, Big Government.... for the sake of clarity, not knocking college grads in general. I just know some truly dumb folks that have 4 year degrees or better. Probably the bottom rungs in their respective graduating classes.

VN Store

Back