Few Random Notes

It's something to watch. While West was out there smoking some Mocs, JP's 10 snaps graded very poorly, especially compared to his usual production, he did absolutely nothing. Is he banged up? Did he get pulled for not giving 100%? Is it a big ol' nothing burger because 10 snaps against UTC means nothing?

Probably the last one, right?
Double teams and cut blocks suck my man

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Wright fumbled just before half against Missouri. We were driving in or close to the red zone ready to go ahead or at least tie…basically the turning point of the game.
No fumbles recorded last year for him which is strange because I remember now that you've mentioned it

Last edited:
Reactions: vegasvolfan
Low sacks because of lack of passing plays for the Mocs and their qb getting rid of the ball really fast on short throws when they did pass. That will contribute to low sack numbers
Well and they were three and out the majority of the time. I didn’t think about that when I posted.

Not sure where to post some of these.

Ethan Davis had some nice catches.

I have been wondering why we didn’t get many sacks, but as I watch the game again, I am reminded that UTC had some big uglies on both sides of the line. I do hope to see more production in that realm.

I thought I heard the announcer say we had ZERO fumbles last year. That’s insane. Is that true?

On that note, I wouldn’t be surprised if opposing teams get zero opportunities to return a kickoff with Turbyville back there. What a leg.

Baron is missed. Played well for Miami.

Why did JP only get 10 snaps?

Merklinger looks like the better backup from what little I saw. I think the score would have been higher had he stayed in.

Our receivers look legit.

Did UTC keep its first stringers in?

Baron will be missed???? Tyree West begs to differ.

Low sacks because of lack of passing plays for the Mocs and their qb getting rid of the ball really fast on short throws when they did pass. That will contribute to low sack numbers

This exactly. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of that kind of thing all season, especially against teams with OL issues. I would expect NC State to go to a lot of short drop quick release and bubble screen kind of stuff, getting it in Concepcion's hands as much as possible.

Pearce is going to have a tough time putting up big individual numbers due to that and facing double teams more often than not, and the only way to combat that is for the rest of the DL and the LB's to make teams pay for too much focus on JP.

One benefit of teams going to more quick release stuff is our secondary not being exposed on chunk plays. It'll be interesting to watch as the season unfolds.

If you were a billionaire I would agree to an adoption.
Ha how generous of you. If you were a billionaire, I might accept. At least I have a billinair’s work ethic, and have made others miillions. Kind of as useful as being a champion of life.

Reactions: ftsandersvol
Not sure where to post some of these.

Ethan Davis had some nice catches.

I have been wondering why we didn’t get many sacks, but as I watch the game again, I am reminded that UTC had some big uglies on both sides of the line. I do hope to see more production in that realm.

I thought I heard the announcer say we had ZERO fumbles last year. That’s insane. Is that true?

On that note, I wouldn’t be surprised if opposing teams get zero opportunities to return a kickoff with Turbyville back there. What a leg.

Baron is missed. Played well for Miami.

Why did JP only get 10 snaps?

Merklinger looks like the better backup from what little I saw. I think the score would have been higher had he stayed in.

Our receivers look legit.

Did UTC keep its first stringers in?
They threw the ball down the field one time…hard to get sacks dinking the ball off. Remember, we were playing Chatt. and I would be willing to bet you see some blitz packages that Chatt. didn’t see.

VN Store

Back