FICKLE “Florida Teams” Fans

EverythingOrange

These guys are RIDICULOUS! —- FLORIDA STATE fans with “bags” on their heads….
FLORIDA fans “Booing” their Coach - Billy Napier…..
Even Miami fans are “Never Satisfied”!

TENNESSEE went through the later “down years” with Fulmer; Disappointment when Kiffen left (after ONE year); The Dooley disaster; Jim Chaney (Interim Coach- Who even knew?); Butch (Best Intentions) Jones; Brady Hoke (Who even remembers THAT?); Jeremy Pruitt; And now (Finally!) - Josh Heupel!

But throughout our “trek” through the wilderness - TENNESSEE fans were ALWAYS THERE! — We ALWAYS Showed Up! - We never “BOOED” our coaches or players (though things got close with Jarret Guarantano….)

TENNESSEE is a Family & a Nation! And I feel BLESSED that we have Always stuck together & Been There (In spite of our record) for our School, Teams, & Athletes!……GO VOLS!!!!!!

Attachments

• 287E8268-2C81-491B-9B0B-468C529A4B6E.jpeg
    287E8268-2C81-491B-9B0B-468C529A4B6E.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 8CC7C309-BAF7-4D86-AE3F-D595B09E1D54.jpeg
    8CC7C309-BAF7-4D86-AE3F-D595B09E1D54.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You are looking through some serious orange tinted glasses my friend.

I recall Botch being booed without mercy starting as early as the 2015 season. By about the end of the 1Q of the Georgia game until he was fired, the fans necer stipped booing Botch-and deservedly so.

Brady Joke irritated the fans right off the bat by kicking Jauan Jennings off the team.

Cheney, well I don't have too much bad to say about him. The one game he was interim was I believe our biggest offensive output ever before Heupel got here. Cheney also got stuck in a bad situation with Pruitt wanting to run an offense from 1975.

Stop letting recent success make your forget about just how bad things were around here for about 15 years.

Cheney was a good OC for a bad HC, but he does deserve blame for the lack of development of our QBs under Pruitt and just a lack of SEC-level talent at QB.

Can't outright disagree with you there.

Not so sure he had a great deal to work with though.

JG-going into the 2018 season, many thought he would be much better with Botch gone and in a new system. He wasn't. Not like he didn't pretty much replicate his performance here at Washington St when he seldom saw the field.

Harrison Bailey was just a flat out bust of epic proportions. The fact that he saw at least some playing time here when he was 3rd string at lousy UNLV should tell you all you need to know.

Shrout and probably a few others I am forgetting offhand never had a chance.

Those three years was when the rot of the entire program became evident

Funniest part of it all is that the NCAA saved us from ourselves by threatening to nuke the program. No NCAA issues and somehow someway Pruitt is probably still on our sidelines and the Big Orange Pumpkin is still holding court in the billionaires row boxes.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Definitely some orange colored glasses with the OP. I think Pruitt got routinely booed as I recall. The Georgia State game comes to mind. Another one (and I’m not sure of the coach) was a Florida game in Knoxville when the crowd booed them off the field at the half and the stands were half full in the middle of the third quarter.

VN Store

Back