Fire Away! Couch and Arm Chair Coaches

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
I really don't care what anybody says into response to this post.....

Listened to Vol Calls tonight and have viewed many threads on this site addressing Why this guy is playing over the other....Who should be starting and who we should recruit and not recruit and why we are recruiting them versus the other....and so on and so forth...

Sometimes they are in support of the team and sometimes they are not....It is understandable that it does not make sense. Some are just opinions and for open discussions which is great but then these discussions sometime take a downward spiral that completely spins into a lengthy discussion not even related to the post.....

Questions raised tonight about starting Dobbs or playing him potentially before Peterman or Ferguson can be annoying and Worley's ability can only bring negativity......

Sometimes it is like we don't trust our coaches ability and his process to bring the best on the field....Jones did well tonight defending Worley and his stance on the order of play.....

Our fan base can be rabid when it comes to mediocrity and rightfully so....Mediocrity is why we are where we are today, but with all that said I will be willing to bet you will not ever see it on a Butch Jones team....Let him coach this team and trust his decision...Everyone on His staff is decidicated to perfection.....

Opinions will always be there but questioning his decision to put one player in before another needs to stop.....Example Hood over Couch, Worley over 3 inexperience Freshman....The list goes on....

CBJ has been given a precious commodity in the entirety of the Vols Football program....He will treat it as such and will do his best to raise the stock.....This man does not know how not too...So give him the respect he deserves and quit second guessing....

If you don't understand why one is starting over the other person it is quite simple you are not and have not seen them 24/7 at practices and on film but Coach Jones and staff have.....

Reactions: 26 people
Jones mentioning Maggitt on offense was one of the only questionable statements I've heard from CBJ. Let's get him on the field on defense.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't figured out if there are more threads about dumb coaching decisions or ABOUT threads about dumb coaching decisions lol.

But I agree there appears to be an army of negavols conpared to even last year with Dools. None of these threads are purley curiousity it's not "I'm confused as to why this and that" it's always "It's not a smart decision to blah blah whine whine."

Reactions: 2 people
you-need-to-relax.gif

Reactions: 6 people

Listened to Vol Calls tonight and have viewed many threads on this site addressing Why this guy is playing over the other....Who should be starting and who we should recruit and not recruit and why we are recruiting them versus the other....and so on and so forth...

Sometimes they are in support of the team and sometimes they are not....It is understandable that it does not make sense. Some are just opinions and for open discussions which is great but then these discussions sometime take a downward spiral that completely spins into a lengthy discussion not even related to the post.....

Questions raised tonight about starting Dobbs or playing him potentially before Peterman or Ferguson can be annoying and Worley's ability can only bring negativity......

Sometimes it is like we don't trust our coaches ability and his process to bring the best on the field....Jones did well tonight defending Worley and his stance on the order of play.....

Our fan base can be rabid when it comes to mediocrity and rightfully so....Mediocrity is why we are where we are today, but with all that said I will be willing to bet you will not ever see it on a Butch Jones team....Let him coach this team and trust his decision...Everyone on His staff is decidicated to perfection.....

Opinions will always be there but questioning his decision to put one player in before another needs to stop.....Example Hood over Couch, Worley over 3 inexperience Freshman....The list goes on....

CBJ has been given a precious commodity in the entirety of the Vols Football program....He will treat it as such and will do his best to raise the stock.....This man does not know how not too...So give him the respect he deserves and quit second guessing....

If you don't understand why one is starting over the other person it is quite simple you are not and have not seen them 24/7 at practices and on film but Coach Jones and staff have.....

Solid post. Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: 2 people

I find it hard to question the depth chart when I'm not at practice or team meetings. Doesn't stop some though. The qbs is what I find funny, you always hear things like "I watched them worm up in the pregame and there's no way "x" shouldn't be starting over Whorley". That's awesome.

What was said about Worley tonight?

Started out about how Dobbs was a better fit for Coach Jones offense than Worley...Only problem was that it was a fan expressing that to CBJ during the Vol Calls.....What an idiot...

Coach Jones handled it well and politely went through all the QBs and skill sets.....experience factor etc....Sometimes I think some Vol Fans forget we are in the SEC and the transition from HS to College Football is all about Strength and Speed plus add another factor that this is the SEC.....

You can't please everyone.. I'd say Jones knows that.. He's also the one getting paid millions of dollars to make those decisions. He sees the kids every day, knows what they can and cannot do.. The lack of dynamics on offense is the result of lackluster recruiting, also the fact these kids chase the money these days. They didn't show much offensively last weekend. Not sure how much they have to show. I know a few of those throws would have spelled disaster against better defenses. Worley is apparently the best we have.. Ride it, my pony..

You must love Dooley too!

Dooley was easy to question....the team was so dysfunctional under his leadership....you could do nothing but question it.....

Players laying down on him....and the orange dog plus sitting on the ball to put it into overtime.....

Deer in the headlight from day one......He was an administrator not a coach.....

I'm just waiting for some good results in year 5. I think others are, as well, And, waiting for links.

VN Store

Back