First Time To A Vols Game vs Alabama.... Where To Tailgate?

JohnyyKay

Hello everyone. Lifelong Vols fan going to my first game this October vs Bama. Me and about 4 buddies. So, looking for advice on how and where to tailgate because we are flying in from Philly so we won't have any supplies. I am looking at a company that provides a a full tailgate setup but they are quite pricey, almost $4000 for the tailgate tents, TV, tables, Food etc. They would provide tents on Poplar Street parking lot or Parking garage G, wherever these are.

Is that my best bet to just get it all done for me, or are there other less expensive options available once I'm down there. I'm sure I could buy a tent, beer and food, but I don't no how to get a spot.

We are big local tailgaters so the tailgate experience is just as important to us as the game is.

Open to your advise and suggestions. Really excited to finally get to a game!

Reactions: feathersax
Hello everyone. Lifelong Vols fan going to my first game this October vs Bama. Me and about 4 buddies. So, looking for advice on how and where to tailgate because we are flying in from Philly so we won't have any supplies. I am looking at a company that provides a a full tailgate setup but they are quite pricey, almost $4000 for the tailgate tents, TV, tables, Food etc. They would provide tents on Poplar Street parking lot or Parking garage G, wherever these are.

Is that my best bet to just get it all done for me, or are there other less expensive options available once I'm down there. I'm sure I could buy a tent, beer and food, but I don't no how to get a spot.

We are big local tailgaters so the tailgate experience is just as important to us as the game is.

Open to your advise and suggestions. Really excited to finally get to a game!
Yeah don't do that. There are plenty of tailgates that would be happy to have you. I can't remember his username but there is a guy on the board that pretty much has an open invitation to anyone on the board.

Park down by the river, and have your camera ready after the game. You'll thank me later šŸ˜

Grab a drink, find the tailgators (you cannot miss them), walk up looking friendly and say "Go Vols! Y'all got it going on over here" you will be tailgating in no time.

Bring a cigar, in case we win.
in case you didnā€™t know, itā€™s a tradition in this rivalry that the winners smoke a cigar

Last edited:
Thank you! How can I find this generous person?

John
Absolutely! We tailgate at the entrance on the lower level. Itā€™s on the left side when youā€™re coming in by the river. My number is seven three one, 336, zero three four zero
That was from a thread last season. No idea if Good_ole_rockytop is still posting or doing tailgates this season.

Good luck

You're probably better off finding a tailgate than doing it yourselves.

Maybe it won't live up to your exact standards as tailgate experts, but I'll bet you'll be happy not to fool with that setup during your trip.

Reactions: chattaboogie
You're probably better off finding a tailgate than doing it yourselves.

Maybe it won't live up to your exact standards as tailgate experts, but I'll bet you'll be happy not to fool with that setup during your trip.
This is solid advice

Get there early and plan to hang out for a while after the game. There will be plenty of drunks, and traffic after a massive game like that is a nightmare. In 2022 it took me over an hour just to get out of a parking garage.

Reactions: tennrich1
Thank you Orange Juice! Think you'll be tailgating for Florida and/or Alabama?

John
1 but not 2 being where it's back to back. My guess is Florida because we think it's going to be a night game. Just follow me here or tag me anytime for updates. We'd love to have you come by.

VN Store

Back