FIVE BANDS...YOU CANNOT STAND?

Def Leppard
U2
Florida Georgia Line
Nickelback
Anything else that’s bro country
I still remember the first time I ever heard "bro country"...2015 at Neyland vs UGA. It was a huge crowd of UGA fans set up beside us by Calhoun's tailgating. Called themselves the "dawg pound" and that's ALL they listened to (annoyingly blared at loudest volume possible).

We came back after the Dub and...yup they had all scurried off back to their dog pounds. It was beautiful payback. Hate that garbage. Hurts my soul.

Hey I appreciate you giving it a try. Personally he is my favorite of all time. A national treasure.
How about the "Scottish Dylan" - Donovan? Love me some Hurdy Gurdy and some others...just can't believe dude is still making music...he's gotten really weird with it too 😭

Reactions: bignewt
Funny, several of my favorite bands have been listed in this thread! Everyone has their own tastes, and I think the emotional connection we have with certain music (due to stages of life, company, age, etc) has a lot to do with it).
Definitely. Remember really liking guys like Bright Eyes and Dashboard Confessional ages ago. Saw DC at Shaky Knees a couple years ago...I couldn't stand more than 2 songs before we left. A 40-something singing about emo high school style relationships was just unbearable.

We all change and some of that gets left behind. I don't disown that stuff, just compartmentalize it. But the timeless music is certainly the best...

Their live shows are amazing. Lead singer is off his rocker, in a good way.

Yessir. I love their blend of rock, folk, classic rock and other genres. And the lead singer is psycho in a good way...great voice too.

Reactions: Devo182
Definitely. Remember really liking guys like Bright Eyes and Dashboard Confessional ages ago. Saw DC at Shaky Knees a couple years ago...I couldn't stand more than 2 songs before we left. A 40-something singing about emo high school style relationships was just unbearable.

We all change and some of that gets left behind. I don't disown that stuff, just compartmentalize it. But the timeless music is certainly the best...
There's a list of music from my college and med school days that just takes me back in time...

DMB, 311, Counting Crows, Widespread Panic, Matchbox 20, Better than Ezra, Blues Traveler, Morphine, Barenaked Ladies, Tori Amos. . .

Reactions: Devo182
Lol I'll never get the foo fighters love. If Grohl hadn't been living on Cobain's legacy all these years he would be working at Best Buy. Utterly unoriginal elevator rock music.
Bull crap. Great drummer for his genre and has surpassed Cobain. Has written a ton of great songs and evolved as a singer songwriter.

Worst assessment of music I’ve ever read. You’re clueless.

Reactions: volfanbill
Bull crap. Great drummer for his genre and has surpassed Cobain. Has written a ton of great songs and evolved as a singer songwriter.

Worst assessment of music I’ve ever read. You’re clueless.

You must like elevator music. It's ok.

I’m neutral on Foo Fighters, though they don’t strike me as being very controversial. Surprised by people who would say they hate them

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I’m neutral on Foo Fighters, though they don’t strike me as being very controversial. Surprised by people who would say they hate them
Didn't say hate, said cannot stand. I think Grohl is a good guy and a talented musician I just think the FF are terrible and can't stand listening to them.

VN Store

Back