Flint Water Crisis

No doubt, but she didn't waste any time politicizing it.

I agree. And as the comment from this morning stated, low information voters will lap it up because she "cares" about them.

But in reality, she doesn't give two flying monkey ****s about the water problems in Flint. However, just like every other candidate regardless of party, will use it to her advantage to try to garner votes.

Reactions: 2 people
So what repercussions do the ones in charge of making this "cost cutting" adventure have in store?

So what repercussions do the ones in charge of making this "cost cutting" adventure have in store?

At most they'll be held liable for the health defects caused by the bad water. Don't worry though, the tax payer will of course be on the hook that money.

At most they'll be held liable for the health defects caused by the bad water. Don't worry though, the tax payer will of course be on the hook that money.

Worst outcome for them is losing their jobs, I doubt that even happens.

I agree. And as the comment from this morning stated, low information voters will lap it up because she "cares" about them.

But in reality, she doesn't give two flying monkey ****s about the water problems in Flint. However, just like every other candidate regardless of party, will use it to her advantage to try to garner votes.

If anyone looks at it logically, they'll realize this is what happens when you try to manage a local issue at the state level. I'd bet the waste water treatment plant manager knew about the issue with the river water but the Michigan DEP didn't want to listen to him. The almighty state knew more than the local guy attitude. If I'm a Democrat who likes government programs I would stay away from this issue.

Been dealing with stupid crap like this in Florida for years. Back in 07 or 08, the CR3 Nuclear Power Plant needed an upgrade. This was a project expected to cost a couple hundred million. Progress Energy got the legislature to approve a rate hike for the customers. Progress then decided it wanted to save 15M, so instead of having an experienced company manage the project as proposed it self managed. The concrete walls were damaged, repaired and damaged again. Cost to fix is now estimated at more than 1B. Progress again goes to the legislature to approve a rate hike for the customers to bear the cost of their stupidity.

Progress was bought out by Duke Energy who finally just shut the plant down. On the bright side I am supposed to get break on my electric bill that might be as much as $5/month for the next year or two.

Dammit Obama.

Been dealing with stupid crap like this in Florida for years. Back in 07 or 08, the CR3 Nuclear Power Plant needed an upgrade. This was a project expected to cost a couple hundred million. Progress Energy got the legislature to approve a rate hike for the customers. Progress then decided it wanted to save 15M, so instead of having an experienced company manage the project as proposed it self managed. The concrete walls were damaged, repaired and damaged again. Cost to fix is now estimated at more than 1B. Progress again goes to the legislature to approve a rate hike for the customers to bear the cost of their stupidity.

Progress was bought out by Duke Energy who finally just shut the plant down. On the bright side I am supposed to get break on my electric bill that might be as much as $5/month for the next year or two.

Dammit Obama.

How are they producing your electric workout the nuclear plant?

How are they producing your electric workout the nuclear plant?

We have more than enough power right now, but I believe that Duke is going to build a natural gas plant to replace.

I just find it irritating that we paid full freight on the repairs and then Progress Energy decided to save and pocket less than 5% and it ended up cost us more a billion dollars because they were attempting to add 15M to their bottom line.

Reactions: 1 person

Dammit Obama.

Do you remember this issue?:
Tampa Bay Water loses lawsuit over reservoir cracks | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune

This is what should happen. Imo.

The Director of the Michigan DEQ did resign over this issue, but no one else seems to have been held accountable.

The sad part is, if the local WWTP Manager or City Facilities Manager had made this decision, they would have been fined immediately upon receiving the first failed water test. Both the State and Feds would have fined them and continued to fine them daily until it was mitigated. But, since it was a State level decision, those rules don't seem to apply.

I was here but i don't remember that. I knew there were issues, but for some reason i never really followed it. I was getting divorced and was just getting used to full custody of a 9 year old girl. Distracted. ..
I hope you found a good attorney to destroy the little girl's mother in court.

VN Store

Back