Florida Offense

jordan4vols

03' Alum
Are they that well coached or just have so much more talent? If it is all coaching, shouldn't we give serious consideration to the UF oc
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They are not up 21-0 right now because of either coaching or talent. They are up 21-0 because the Cocks are having a meltdown.

There are 3 things that make UF's O. look very good. SPEED!, talent and coaching.

Isn't it all the same thing, coaching? You recruit speed, develop talent and develop an effective game plan. We have dropped the ball on all three the last several years.

Yeah, give no credit to UF's talent and coaching game plan to help that out. Because everyone know's UF sux.

Yeah, give no credit to UF's talent and coaching game plan to help that out. Because everyone know's UF sux.

I'm sure that the UF gameplan includes forcing South Carolina to throw two incredibly stupid interceptions back to back, immediately followed by the dumbest lateral of the decade.

I'm not taking away anything from UF, who sure look like they're the best team in the country these days. But it's impossible to just give away 21 points any worse than the Cocks did in the first quarter.

I'm sure that the UF gameplan includes forcing South Carolina to throw two incredibly stupid interceptions back to back, immediately followed by the dumbest lateral of the decade.

I'm not taking away anything from UF, who sure look like they're the best team in the country these days. But it's impossible to just give away 21 points any worse than the Cocks did in the first quarter.

One was caused by the quarterback running for his life, the other was a batted ball at the line of scrimmage. Wonderful how well-coached defenses can cause turnovers. Are you saying it's just luck?

Yes you did, you did exactly that with your statement.

Like the Cocks planned to have that pass tip and intercepted, it's part of the D's gamepaln to confused and cause turn overs.

Your points are lame....

That's just SS being SS and trying to catch teams off guard, and turn the momentum around.

One was caused by the quarterback running for his life, the other was a batted ball at the line of scrimmage. Wonderful how well-coached defenses can cause turnovers. Are you saying it's just luck?

Of course it's not just luck. But that only goes so far. I don't know how you can coach a team well enough to force the other QB to throw a ball right into a linebacker's chest deep in his own territory. That's not coaching; that's incompetence.

As I said, I am not taking anything away from UF. But I don't see how their coaches get extra credit because the other team's players are making absolutely inexcusable mistakes.

Yes you did, you did exactly that with your statement.

Like the Cocks planned to have that pass tip and intercepted, it's part of the D's gamepaln to confused and cause turn overs.

Your points are lame....

That's just SS being SS and trying to catch teams off guard, and turn the momentum around.

This isn't an either/or situation, like you seem to think it is. UF is an incredibly talented and well coached team. The Cocks are absolutely wetting the bed. Both things are true.

Of course it's not just luck. But that only goes so far. I don't know how you can coach a team well enough to force the other QB to throw a ball right into a linebacker's chest deep in his own territory. That's not coaching; that's incompetence.

As I said, I am not taking anything away from UF. But I don't see how their coaches get extra credit because the other team's players are making absolutely inexcusable mistakes.
:lolabove:

LOL did you watch what happened there?

My Gawd!!!:eek:lol:

This isn't an either/or situation, like you seem to think it is. UF is an incredibly talented and well coached team. The Cocks are absolutely wetting the bed. Both things are true.
All that I agree with. Well said...

That's all I'm saying. :good!:

:lolabove:

LOL did you watch what happened there?

My Gawd!!!:eek:lol:

I'm being Mr. Stepinfetchit for my swollen, about-to-bust pregnant wife, so I am not watching THAT closely, but what I saw was this: Smelley runs for his life, rolling out to his right, either in or dangerously close to his own end zone. Smelley has plenty of opportunity to get rid of the ball, but instead tries to make a play in the middle of the field. Unfortunately for Smelley, the linebacker happened to be standing right in front of him. TD Florida.

Great rush, great coverage, great scheme, great execution. But when the other team's veteran QB makes a boneheaded play like that instead of just dumping it out of bounds, that's a gift.

I'm being Mr. Stepinfetchit for my swollen, about-to-bust pregnant wife, so I am not watching THAT closely, but what I saw was this: Smelley runs for his life, rolling out to his right, either in or dangerously close to his own end zone. Smelley has plenty of opportunity to get rid of the ball, but instead tries to make a play in the middle of the field. Unfortunately for Smelley, the linebacker happened to be standing right in front of him. TD Florida.

Great rush, great coverage, great scheme, great execution. But when the other team's veteran QB makes a boneheaded play like that instead of just dumping it out of bounds, that's a gift.

Wow, Congrats hope all goes well for you two.
As far as what you saw, yup you're right you saw a kid that's not well coached and can't read D's... But a well coached and very talented D, did what they were taught to do. Best of luck with your child.
Do you know what it's going to be? It that' your 1st?

Last edited:
they're both right now, and no we're not going after an SEC rival's OC. That's just going to lead to being laughed at when the news gets out and even more laughter when he says no immediately

plus we dont have the players to run the spread...coker, jones, and berry are the only players i think in the 3-4 years who would fit in UF's style of spread option

Wow, Congrats hope all goes well for you two.
As far as what you saw, yup you're right you saw a kid that's not well coached and can't read D's...yet. But a well coached and very talented D, did what they were taught to do. Best of luck with your child.
Do you know what it's going to be? It that' your 1st?

Second child, so I'm also entertaining a three-year-old today too while the frau flops around on the couch and moans. If the games weren't so lackluster, I'd be annoyed at how much it's cutting into my football viewing today. First one was a boy; this one is supposedly going to be a girl, so it's going to be weird. The boy and I have established a certain male-heavy pantsless and hollering culture around the house here, so I'm not quite sure how a little girl is going to fit in...

Second child, so I'm also entertaining a three-year-old today too while the frau flops around on the couch and moans. If the games weren't so lackluster, I'd be annoyed at how much it's cutting into my football viewing today. First one was a boy; this one is supposedly going to be a girl, so it's going to be weird. The boy and I have established a certain male-heavy pantsless and hollering culture around the house here, so I'm not quite sure how a little girl is going to fit in...
Congrats, I've got two boys, and one girl. I love that little girl more then I do myself. You will too...
Now if I can just figure out what's causing her to have kids??? hehe, Little girls rock dude, she will fit n.:good!:

Make no mistake about it.... UF is loaded with PLAYERS!!! Same coaching staff that lost 5 games last year with that line up!!!

VN Store

Back