Football Program Slipping

checkerboard_charly

O.k. ok ok ok.

dont jump to judgement. hear me out.

with munoz not even drafted after starting four years at "TENNESSEE", then quitting football.

does these mean our program has slipped a few pegs since the departure of our savior. PEYTON. :worship:

I mean, we only had 3 players drafted. none in the first round. and the last 3 to 4 drafts havent been that great for us. we havent won the sec since 98. only two bowl wins since then. dispointment after disapointment. arrests, rape charges. injuries.

i love this football team more than most things in life, but we may have come to a crossroads and i think everyone should just take a good look at things.

i think the team this year will say alot about where will be in 4 years. alot of pressure is on this team to succeed and i hope we dont disapoint the state again, like we did the whole time a certain "clausen" was taking snaps..

im done babbling.

ok. let the drubbing begin.

No, we're just not on the very top. The best teams in the country are those who consider being in the middle of the ranked teams slipping. Tennessee is still one of the top programs in the country. How do you think we have pulled players from coast to coast to play in orange?

Well I wont really say sliped. I would say that The Sec Championship game has not been kind to us. Lets not forget that we are going to kill it this year. Munoz wasnt drafted because to many injury issues. Munoz could easliy go play on another team right now and make a good contribution to the team. He has other things to do besides football

Now saying we are sliping is alittle questionable. I guess it really falls on qb play for us. For four years it was if casey had a good game, we would win, if not, it was a very long game. Now this year we don't really have to worry about qb play as much (such as in 98). Our defense is stout and we have rb and wr who can take it to the house on any play. I guess it has been a four year period on trying to get all of the right pieces together for another national championship run.

1997 the University of Tennessee had 3 players drafted in the NFL Draft. The next year the same University won the 1998 National Championship

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Apr 25, 2005 10:40 PM
1997 the University of Tennessee has 3 players drafted in the NFL Draft. The next year the same University won the 1998 National Championship

If that doesn't end this thread, nothing will. :bow:

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Apr 25, 2005 9:40 PM
1997 the University of Tennessee has 3 players drafted in the NFL Draft. The next year the same University won the 1998 National Championship

Good stat. :good:

Someone remind me, How many did we have drafted this year?

Originally posted by GAVol+Apr 25, 2005 9:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Apr 25, 2005 9:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TNVOLS1@Apr 25, 2005 10:40 PM

If that doesn&#39;t end this thread, nothing will. :bow: [/quote]
that wasnt the only point in my thread.

it shouldnt end because of that.

that would be "3".....also, just because you didin&#39;t have a lot of players drafted doesn&#39;t mean your program is goig to pot. look at jason white, for gosh sakes. he won the freakin hypesman and he didn&#39;t even get mentioned in the draft.

he also has broke knees and choked in the two biggest games of the year against 2 great defenses

Originally posted by GAVol+Apr 25, 2005 9:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Apr 25, 2005 9:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TNVOLS1@Apr 25, 2005 10:40 PM

If that doesn&#39;t end this thread, nothing will. :bow: [/quote]
yeah ok. in 1997 draft we had 3 players drafted.

2nd round #46- joey kent

3rd round #64 - jay grahm

4th round #145- raymond austin

then we played the 97 season and lost to nebraska in the bowl.

then the 98 draft happend and we had 8 taken. 3 in the first round.

1st round #1- peyton manning
#20- terry fair
#30- marcus nash

3rd round #65- leonard little
#90- jonathon brown

7th round #204- andy mccullough
#200 trey teague
#231- corey gaines

so it was two whole seasons before the national title. :clap:

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Apr 25, 2005 9:29 PM
O.k. ok ok ok.

dont jump to judgement. hear me out.

with munoz not even drafted after starting four years at "TENNESSEE", then quitting football.

does these mean our program has slipped a few pegs since the departure of our savior. PEYTON. :worship:

I mean, we only had 3 players drafted. none in the first round. and the last 3 to 4 drafts havent been that great for us. we havent won the sec since 98. only two bowl wins since then. dispointment after disapointment. arrests, rape charges. injuries.

i love this football team more than most things in life, but we may have come to a crossroads and i think everyone should just take a good look at things.

i think the team this year will say alot about where will be in 4 years. alot of pressure is on this team to succeed and i hope we dont disapoint the state again, like we did the whole time a certain "clausen" was taking snaps..

im done babbling.

ok. let the drubbing begin.

if u will kindly read this again. i didnt soley base this on the draft.

i have listed many other things. so quit taking one thing and running with it.

argue about all the stuff not just one thing.

But we arent slumping. Teams would love to have the records we have. Just lets not get greedy here. Every team wishes they have won as many games in the last 10 years as us.

it doesnt really matter i dont htink how many people we have drafted..I mean, We&#39;re constantly in the top 10 every year. we might not have the most talent..but we win. And we win alot. that should be all that matters. jmo

Naahh - Westie would have spent at least a 2 paragraphs pimping the rich traditions of Tennessee football to suck you in before he dropped the hammer.

That&#39;s true.

CBC, if go 8-4 this year like TBALL predicts, then I might buy into the slipping program. I just don&#39;t think it is happening though.

How many NC&#39;s has Miami won the last 3 years and how many 1st round draft picks?

Record last 5 years:
W-L Pct. Bowls
47-17 .734 5

Last 10 years:
W-L --- Pct. - Bowls
101-25 .802 10

Only 1 program beat UT , FSU 102-23 .816

Since 1993:
W-L ------- Pct.
119-31-0 .793

Only 2 teams have more wins since 1993 FSU and Nebraska
1. FSU 124-25-1 .830
2. Nebraska 124-28-0 .816
3. Tennessee 119-31-0 .793
4. Miami(Fla) 114-31-0 .786
5. Ohio State 116-33-1 .777

Last 5 years:
3 SEC East Championships
2 SEC Championship Game Appearances

2 10-win seasons
1 11-win season

As for Clausen he finished more road wins than Manning and all the other UT QB&#39;s. For your information it wasn&#39;t Clausen fault UT had 78 injuries that cost game time for starters in 2002, an injury free season and UT would have won 10. Clausen may not have been the greastest UT QB ever but DON&#39;T dismiss his accomplishments unless your ready to dismiss UT football&#33;

Isn&#39;t it better to lose 3 NFL players than to lose 8? When you have a lot of talent returning, chances are you won&#39;t lose much to the draft. Good point about Miami, TNVOLS.

It seems like I remember a few years back when Fulmer was threatening to take the names off the back of the jerseys to make a statement about the NFL egos. Remember guys, it&#39;s not about the NFL, it&#39;s all about giving your all for Tennessee today&#33;&#33;

VN Store

Back