? for all you recruiting gurus.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
It's really looking like this years class could shape up to be a top 5 class...maybe even a top 2 or 3. Is that what you all are seeing at this point?

Thank you Nick Saban. :bow: What we do with the talent next year will be the question....

We've already got a great class this year. We just need to redshirt any positions we are already loaded at.

Hell, if ESPN is even saying we've got what it takes to finish the season with a potential BCS bid, we need to capitalize!

UT could very well finish #1 and this weekend could be the beginning with quite a few players at the A-A game commiting that have UT in their final 3.

Look for these to commit to UT
1. **** DE Raymond Henderson 6-5/250/4.66 Oak Creek, WI Yes
2. **** LB Rico McCoy 6-2/210/4.52 Washington, DC Yes
3. **** S Adam Myers-White 6-4/190/4.5 Hamilton, OH Yes
4. ***** RB Toney Baker 5-11/215 4.45 Jamestown, NC Yes
5. ***** WR Patrick Turner 6-5/210 4.55 Nashville, TN Yes

and
6. *** DT Dan Williams 6-3/285/- Memphis, TN Yes
is visiting UT this weekend and if all goes as planned will commit

Yeah I'm taking a bit of a gamble but what do I have to lose.

TV1 I believe we still have a chance for Hardesty and Jean-Francois. If you add those 2 to the list, this could be the best class of all time for us.

We need to have both of those five stars if we're gonna finish with the number one recruiting class.

Any thoughts on Oher...or do you think Orgeron will convince him to come to Ole Miss? Also what about Phillips? You think we have a legitimate shot at him?

I would say Fulmer needs to keep his hands out of other people's cookie jars just to be safe until this Miami mess dies down.

I'm just talking what I think commits this weekend and there will be more to commit from then till FEB 2.

WHOA WHOA WHOA FOlks.

Keep in mind that these guys coming in will be FRESHMEN. I doubt they will play a pivotal role other than to give us quality depth, but lacking major college experience.

We relied on a bunch of FRESHMEN this past year and we lost 3 games.

These freshmen wont make an impact until at least, the 2006 season.

we also won 10 and the Sec East. Most everyone expected an 8-4 season. Freshmen do have an immediate impact.

Some of these Freshmen will make a big and immediate impact. Especially at Safety and on the offensive and defensive lines.

With the way kids are playing out of high school, a five star or high four star recruit can come in and start playing with the best of them. I'd say starting freshman at any position other than QB can be a very good thing, if they have the skills.

Any thoughts on Oher...or do you think Orgeron will convince him to come to Ole Miss? Also what about Phillips? You think we have a legitimate shot at him?

UT has a very good shot at Oher and its between Miami and UT for Phillips.

Originally posted by volbrian@Jan 9, 2005 3:37 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA FOlks.

Keep in mind that these guys coming in will be FRESHMEN. I doubt they will play a pivotal role other than to give us quality depth, but lacking major college experience.

So Freshmen can't contribute? I have 2 words for you, Adrian Peterson.

Originally posted by K&#045;town Vol Fan+Jan 9, 2005 9:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (K-town Vol Fan @ Jan 9, 2005 9:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-volbrian@Jan 9, 2005 3:37 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA FOlks.

Keep in mind that these guys coming in will be FRESHMEN.  I doubt they will play a pivotal role other than to give us quality depth, but lacking major college experience.

So Freshmen can&#39;t contribute? I have 2 words for you, Adrian Peterson. [/quote]
Michael Hart, Jamario Thomas, Chad Henne, Ted Ginn...the list continues

Braylon Edwards made Henne look good.

What about our qb&#39;s? Ainge was really starting to look good once he had a grasp on things. Think about it, he will basically be going into next season the same age as most freshman when they redshirt, and he is already in contention for being one of the most skilled QBs in the SEC. Who&#39;s his competition for that title? Leak and Pennington, I think.

I think it was proven that a few freshman can contribute. Not all of them do, however.

More and more freshman are given the opportunity to contribute with the 85 scholarship limit, along with players leaving early for the NFL.

That doesn&#39;t mean that all of them are able to learn quickly enough to make an impact, however.

Put the four and five stars in if you need them or you want them getting experienced early. Teams full of experience are those who win championships. Auburn proved that this year. None of their guys are outrageously good, they have just played together a lot and it payed off.

Well folks, our weakest link in 04 was our secondary, half of which was Freshmen. I understand that if Allen does leave for the NFL, we&#39;ll probably have to fill his shoes with youth.

But where else does UT need strengthened? As I say, unless somebody comes into spring drills and opens some eyes, bangs a few heads and knocks loose some slobber, I dont expect the freshmen to impact 05 like they did in 04. But in 04, we HAD to play some freshmen.

Pssst: those freshmen will me Sophs in 05

VN Store

Back