? for all you recruiting gurus.

I think that even if Allen leaves, we will be in good shape. Don't forget now, we have Bouleware, Parrish, Wade, Campbell, Hefney, Stewart and Fellows. They all played this year, and while some looked better than others, they are all young and will learn this off season. I haven't given up on Corey Campbell. I think that he has a lot of potential. He just has to learn how to tackle. Plus if Allen leaves, then perhaps we will land this Phillips kid. He could be an impact player right off of the bat. I think that our defense will be in great shape next year.

This year our form was run around in deep coverage and hope that you get lucky. That worked well and so did the oh no formation. The oh no was when you see a reciever wide open and then run across the field and see who can get him first.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 10, 2005 2:38 AM
That's 8 promising d-backs. What more do you need?

What's our usual pass coverage form?

Point of my posts in this thread are just that: we dont need much Freshman help in any postion, with the possibile exception of Free Safety.

But that doesnt mean the if a Freshman can come in and take a starters job away, Im gonna be upset. As a matter of fact, I would like that very much :D

Freshmen will be needed to make an Impact on the O-line at Center, on the D-line at DT, at RB and at both the safety spots.

Here's something to remember UT lost 3 games. Twice to a far superior team and 1 due to injuries and it had nothing to do with Freshmen.

Yes, but He lives with Sean Touy and Ole Miss Basketball player and graduate.

Anyone know if Patrick Turner's visit to UT went well? I had heard he may be one of those "me first" type players. Given our depth at WR, it is not more of getting him to UT out of need as much as not losing a top tier TN athlete to another Southern school.

I think it went well. It says something that the guy even visited considering not too long ago he said TN was out of the picture since they were primarily a running team. We have to hope that his parents can convince him to stay close to home.

Granted, we are a running team when we have to be. However, when Peyton was here we passed the ball quite a bit. In the Cotton Bowl, we passed a bunch. I think that we are more of a balanced team when things go right. With Ainge and WR's like we will have next year, I don't see how they can't throw it much.

Patirck Turmer siad that he was glad that he made his visit and was explained the offensive plans and now list Tenn and USC his top two with Miami in third. Most feel that he will be a vol bedause of the ease of his family to come to games. Yes we have a deep WR core but I will take a kid 6'5 215 and runs a 4.6 with great hands.

Originally posted by Tnvolfan68@Jan 10, 2005 5:16 PM
but I will take a kid 6'5 215 and runs a 4.6 with great hands.

For real, I will too! You never know, he could be a nice addition next year in certain formations. How tall is Meachem?

hey strike up the band!!

georgia just lost their running backs coach. after texas struck-out with trooper they went after UGA's running back coach and he is now a longhorn. sweet!

my predictions is we land top 5 after feb 2nd with georgia going out of the top 5.

i said, I'M PROUD TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 10, 2005 5:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 10, 2005 5:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tnvolfan68@Jan 10, 2005 5:16 PM
but I will take a kid 6&#39;5 215 and runs a 4.6 with great hands.

For real, I will too&#33; You never know, he could be a nice addition next year in certain formations. How tall is Meachem? [/quote]
Robert Measchum is 6&#39;3

i doubt we will land another running back, we do have a lot of players already at that position.

although i cant say that i wouldnt love for toney baker to jump on board :D

I read somewhere that they felt pretty sure UT would land either Jon Stewart or Toney Baker since they backed off on James Davis.

UGA also lost their Defensive Coordinator Van Gorder who is now the LB coach for the Jacksonville Jags.
UGA&#39;s RB coach Rucker did attend UT then transferred to C-N to finish his degree.

UT will get 1 of these 3 at RB and that&#39;s fact.
Jon Stewart
Toney Baker
Montario Hardesty

VN Store

Back