Former SEC QB thoughts on Neyland Stadium environment

Shades

Shady member

Former Kentucky Wildcats quarterback Will Levis, a second round selection by the Tennessee Titans in the 2023 NFL Draft, joined 104.5 The Zone's 3HL on Thursday for a lengthy in-studio interview.

At one point during the interview, 3HL co-host Brent Dougherty asked Levis about the toughest road environment he played in during his time in college (Levis spent three seasons at Penn State before transferring to Kentucky for his final two seasons).

And Levis quickly named Neyland Stadium as the toughest road environment he played in.

"Best road environment in college? I'm going to give them credit where it's due, but I will say Tennessee," said Levis. "That game that we played my senior year there, I think it was their first night showing off that new light system they have. That was so cool. The big T on the field -- I saw the videos afterwards. And, you know, they beat the brakes off of us. That was not fun for us, but I definitely appreciated and respected the environment that they were able to bring."
[\QUOTE]

Trying to pander to Titans fans
Yup. Despite what Titans management would like, there is quite a lot of overlap between the 2 fans bases.

Titans-only fans are weirdly openly hostile towards the Vols in most cases. I guess I would be angry and bitter too if my NFL team was living in the shadow of a college team. It is what it is. The Vols will always be the most popular team in this state and there’s nothing that will change that.

I’m only interested in the NFL for fantasy football and couldn’t care less about the Titans.

Yup. Despite what Titans management would like, there is quite a lot of overlap between the 2 fans bases.

Titans-only fans are weirdly openly hostile towards the Vols in most cases. I guess I would be angry and bitter too if my NFL team was living in the shadow of a college team. It is what it is. The Vols will always be the most popular team in this state and there’s nothing that will change that.

I’m only interested in the NFL for fantasy football and couldn’t care less about the Titans.
Tians will always be the Oilers to me. Go Steelers!!!

I remember going to a Raiders-chiefs game when they were in LA, the biggest, loudest cheer of the day was when Joe Montana got hurt getting sacked. There were fights all over the stadium. There was a big brawl in the endzone seats, when it was over they cleared out over a hundred empty seats.

I remember going to a Raiders-chiefs game when they were in LA, the biggest, loudest cheer of the day was when Joe Montana got hurt getting sacked. There were fights all over the stadium. There was a big brawl in the endzone seats, when it was over they cleared out over a hundred empty seats.
NOW...they do THAT in a multi-BILLION $ Stadium in Viva Las Vegas!

vegas8.jpg

Yeah, that tracks. I've been to college football stadiums, NHL arenas, NFL stadiums (Titans, mainly) all sorts of venues, and the NFL crowds were always the most ... ah, well, let's just say there was a whole lot of beer, a whole lot of cussing and fighting in the stands, and a whole lot of interesting usage of the English language. Oh, and advertisements. An unending ocean of advertisements and commercials and generic music.

Hahahahaha- as if anyone gives a rat’s ass about the zombie oilers.
I really wish they would just move them the hell out of here. Oakland needs a team….

Reactions: onevol74 and 25vol
I really wish they would just move them the hell out of here. Oakland needs a team….
Poor Oakland needs a functional city, a local economy, restored social order, and a supportive state gov't.

And don't think those forces of destruction aren't headed for us in Tennessee. Farming and beef cattle are in the crosshairs next...

Yeah, I understand a lot of people like the Titans around these parts but they’re just not for me. They’ve had crappy team management forever now and up until the last few years the ownership was just fine with mediocrity.

If I had to pick a team in the NFL to follow it would be the Saints or Steelers.

I thought I might give a crap about the Titans but it never took hold. I care less about pro football and have not watched in the last 6-7 years.

Why are people playing a silly game making millions and we have kids putting their life on the line in our military and on food stamps? I am about to feel the same way about college football.

I grew up a Falcons fan. They are still my NFC team but the McNair, Eddie George Titans converted me. Levis is so inconsistent. I don't have high expectations for him in the NFL.

VN Store

Back