Former SEC QB thoughts on Neyland Stadium environment

Yup. Despite what Titans management would like, there is quite a lot of overlap between the 2 fans bases.

Titans-only fans are weirdly openly hostile towards the Vols in most cases. I guess I would be angry and bitter too if my NFL team was living in the shadow of a college team. It is what it is. The Vols will always be the most popular team in this state and there’s nothing that will change that.

I’m only interested in the NFL for fantasy football and couldn’t care less about the Titans.
AME HERE, Brother. :cool:

I thought I might give a crap about the Titans but it never took hold. I care less about pro football and have not watched in the last 6-7 years.

Why are people playing a silly game making millions and we have kids putting their life on the line in our military and on food stamps? I am about to feel the same way about college football.
Agree, mostly. Well, a bit more than ,mostly. For years I was an avid Packers fan. But starting, I think, five years ago, I rarely paid attention to them unless they were in the playoffs or something. Nowadays, I hardly note their existence. Just fed up with the increasing thuggery on the field, and criminality off the field. College football is nearing that discarding for me as well. Always a Vols fan, but now, mainly because Josh seems to be infusing the team with a good dose of pride, civility, and overall positive character. Hope that lasts.

Hostile? Eagles fans are hostile (too many reports of urinating on visitors to be urban legend).

Tennessee fans are loyal to a T but generous to a fault. Most intimidating environment inside Neyland? Oh yeah! But to say that Tennessee fans are "hostile" is a misuse of the word. During the past 50 years, I've seen far too many examples of generosity, hospitality, and kindness to visitors (even Bammers) to accept any labeling of Vols fans as hostile. As recently as 2018, I've seen Vols fans young and old being cordial to Florida fans (in full blue & corrupted orange regalia) set up in a prime traditional tailgating area a short walk from Neyland. Nope. Overwhelmingly, Tennessee fans' qualities of character include an unyielding allegiance to the Big Orange, congeniality, and generosity of spirit. From members of the Vol Navy hosting visitors on their boats, to Tennessee fans praying with Notre Dame fans after the miracle in South Bend, to Tennesseans traveling to Tuscaloosa to pitch in after the tornado, these are testaments to the true character of Vol Nation.

"Welcome! Thank you for coming to Knoxville! I hope you're having a good time! God bless you, and I hope the Vols beat your team like miscreant step-children." That's about as hostile as it's ever gonna get.

GBO.

Hoping he busts and we somehow end up in the position to draft Arch or Nico lol
They put our fanbase ahead of the Browns and Manchester United?

bb4d420d628c424d1eddb07d2c1ab87b.gif

Reactions: tbh and hjeagle1vol
Yeah, I understand a lot of people like the Titans around these parts but they’re just not for me. They’ve had crappy team management forever now and up until the last few years the ownership was just fine with mediocrity.

If I had to pick a team in the NFL to follow it would be the Saints or Steelers.
And if the Titan’s REALLY wanted to curry favor with Vols fans; they had the opportunity to draft Hendon Hooker by nope, they chose Levis

We obviously have work still to do to claim our rightful Number One Spot 😉

But baseball is doing it’s part well and helping out a lot with the hatred for us….

Yup. Despite what Titans management would like, there is quite a lot of overlap between the 2 fans bases.

Titans-only fans are weirdly openly hostile towards the Vols in most cases. I guess I would be angry and bitter too if my NFL team was living in the shadow of a college team. It is what it is. The Vols will always be the most popular team in this state and there’s nothing that will change that.

I’m only interested in the NFL for fantasy football and couldn’t care less about the Titans.
As a fan of both, I find that there are more Vol fans who are hostile towards the Titans. Not sure why.

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back