Former Vol beloved assistant hired by

Oh we all loved him when he was here
Not all. There were many here that were annoyed by him. I found the buzz around him annoying and unwarranted. I had/have nothing against him, but I also wasn’t one of those saying he should have gotten the OC job simply because he jumped around and waved a towel. Enthusiasm doesn’t make a great play caller.

Not all. There were many here that were annoyed by him. I had/have nothing against him but I also wasn’t one of those saying he should have gotten the OC job simply because he jumped around and waved a towel. Enthusiasm doesn’t make a great play caller.
... and his results on the recruiting front were mixed at best.

... and his results on the recruiting front were mixed at best.
I honestly don’t even remember, I just remember tons of fans clamoring for him for OC and even head coach at one time. All they could muster was “he’s enthusiastic!”. So dumb.I do remember the alleged Gerald Jones thing, though. I never understand when people hype up coaches at all. The t shirts, corny nicknames, etc. I learned my lesson when I fell head first off that Buzz Peterson bandwagon, and I’ve got the obvious signs of head trauma to show for it.

VN Store

Back