Former Vol beloved assistant hired by

Interesting? I always thought he was a towel waving moron but most players seemed to really like him.
I personally have no first hand account. It was just two players in passing after I wrote an article about bringing him back around the time we hired Pruitt. I was younger when he was here so I don’t remember much about him.

I remember Coach Taylor being successful with the RBs. At the time, our WRs were not even getting their hands up in time to catch passes, so Taylor was moved to coach the WRs. Then they started getting their hands up and catching passes. Taylor's behavior could be a little off-putting, but he was a good coach. Iirc, he said something later that was better unsaid.

I remember Coach Taylor being successful with the RBs. At the time, our WRs were not even getting their hands up in time to catch passes, so Taylor was moved to coach the WRs. Then they started getting their hands up and catching passes. Taylor's behavior could be a little off-putting, but he was a good coach. Iirc, he said something later that was better unsaid.

Yeah. When he moved from RB coach to WR coach, our RB’s production got much worse and our receiver production got much better. He’s a good position coach.

VN Store

Back