FOX looking to buyout CBS?

sickemsmokey10

for all SEC football games

apparently this is a topic in the volquest war room, and please God do not let this happen

I hope you're joking. IMO, Fox has terrible coverage

I can hardly tell the difference between one network and the next when I'm watching a game. Rarely am I listening to the commentators or what not. Just saying that it would be good for the SEC in terms of revenue that FOX may be willing to throw at them.

Agreed...

In the end, as long as the games are televised, who cares how they "cover" the game or who announces it?

If you've watched Lincoln Financial/JP Sports broadcasts, you know there is a difference in the way each network presents the game.

If you've watched Lincoln Financial/JP Sports broadcasts, you know there is a difference in the way each network presents the game.

I know most people get annoyed with Dave Neal and what not, but other than that, I pay very little attention to the commentary that most of these guys give because the volume is down half the time I watch games...

I know most people get annoyed with Dave Neal and what not, but other than that, I pay very little attention to the commentary that most of these guys give because the volume is down half the time I watch games...

The quality of camerawork alone makes CBS far superior to Lincoln Financial. I can't really recall what kinds of views Fox will bring us. I watched all the BCS games this past season, but I can't remember much about the coverage. Seems like I do remember some complaining on VN, though.

CBS seems to have a brighter telecast than FOX. I would rather stay with CBS and listen to Verne and that Tebow lover.

CBS seems to have a brighter telecast than FOX. I would rather stay with CBS and listen to Verne and that Tebow lover.
I had noticed the "brighter" telecast, but I just chalked that up to DirecTV not having CBS-HD until after I dropped them last year. Since I left DirecTV, I can't really notice much of a difference between CBS and any of the other networks' HD broadcasts.

I've liked Fox bowl coverage the past couple of years. Thom Brennamen and Charles Davis do a good job.

During basketball season, several times a game, Raycom (formerly JP, LF) will miss part of a live play, because they refuse to leave a replay in progress.

Everybody freaked out when Fox got the rights to broadcast the NFC games around 1994, and it turned out to be a good thing. They just MIGHT turn it into a better product than CBS has.

Everybody freaked out when Fox got the rights to broadcast the NFC games around 1994, and it turned out to be a good thing. They just MIGHT turn it into a better product than CBS has.

If we can rid ourselves of Raycom, and get all the games in HD, then I would argue that it is by default a better option.

Well, that makes sense. I'll never watch an actual Vols game if I have to endure the Fox intro music.:ermm::unsure:

Geez... who really cares about the doggone intro music, people.

CBS is a classic sports intro. I guess that's why they haven't changed it in 20 years.

IMO

CBS has better video. CBSHD looks better than FOXHD. CBS has better announcers. And yes, CBS the best intro music ever.

I'll take Thom Brennamen and Charles Davis over Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson any day.

VN Store

Back