Fox Sports pre-season polls

As usual?? We only lost to Auburn last year and I don't think they were a big surprise. Also, I didn't realize the AP poll was out.

I have a feeling this is going to be a special Vol team.

Originally posted by tennessee4vols@Jun 20, 2005 5:48 PM
and lose to an under rated SEC team as usual???

We are doomed to be honest.

I hope we win 1 game next year

I have this very ambiguous feeling about this Fall. I am tickled to death to be able to brag in the preseason here about being #2 in most polls.

And yet, I ALWAYS get very nervous when we are ranked this high.

Don't know how to explain it, but it scares me to death to go in as one of the heavy favorites. :ph34r:

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jun 20, 2005 9:06 PM
I have this very ambiguous feeling about this Fall.  I am tickled to death to be able to brag in the preseason here about being #2 in most polls. 

And yet, I ALWAYS get very nervous when we are ranked this high.

Don't know how to explain it, but it scares me to death to go in as one of the heavy favorites. :ph34r:
[snapback]105964[/snapback]​

Awww, hun, we'll be alright.

I just don't get it. We are ranked in the top 5 in almost every poll and everyone is freaking out. If we were ranked out of the top 10, everyone would be mad that we were ranked way too low.

This is the first time that I feel we can live up to the ranking. I am just going to enjoy it. Sure, we could lose a game but we could also win them all. You never know so stop worrying about it and enjoy it.

:)

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 20, 2005 9:39 PM
I just don't get it.  We are ranked in the top 5 in almost every poll and everyone is freaking out.  If we were ranked out of the top 10, everyone would be mad that we were ranked way too low. 

This is the first time that I feel we can live up to the ranking.  I am just going to enjoy it.  Sure, we could lose a game but we could also win them all.  You never know so stop worrying about it and enjoy it. 

:)
[snapback]105983[/snapback]​

THANK YOU! I agree with you 100% Orangewhiteblood!

Last season I think our ranking was adequate. I disagree with some of the teams that were ranked ahead of us *cough*GEORGIA*cough* but I'd say there were on the whole a good 12-ish teams that were better than us.

I'd say 5 or 6 is a good number this season. I think there are some teams out there besides USC better than us as well. But 5 or 6 in the preseason shouldn't be low enough to exclude us from making an MNC run.

I personally don't feel that we are overrated at all. Look around the Nation and show me a team that deserves to be ranked over us besides USC. I can't seem to find one. I'm not for sure that USC is better than us either. Only time will tell but I'm sure as heck enjoying the fact that people are predicted us to be in the Rose Bowl come January. I think we have one of the best teams in the country returning. Everything is in place for a run at another NC. We just have to wait and see and like the man said just enjoy it.

Man, every time I look at that picture of our incoming recruits, I get excited. There are some butt kickers coming in as Freshmen and I think a few of them will turn into major contributors before this year is over.

GO VOLS!

I think one would be hard-pressed not to say USC is not the best team in the land next season.

Pete Carroll has done an outstanding job with the defense; They were sixth in the country in total defense allowing just 279.3 yards per game, and 3rd in the country in scoring defense, allowing just 13 points per game. And the Pac-10 had some flat-out amazing offenses last year, from teams like Cal and Arizona State. On the offensive side of the ball, the Trojans will return 9 of their starters that played under Norm Chow. So even though Chow's gone, his influence will still be there in a very big way. Add to this some of, if not the best recruiting in the country as of late, and I see no reason why somebody would rank USC any less than first.

As far as we go, I think our defense has many, many questions to answer. We may be getting ranked highly and all that jazz, but the fact is that our defense performed pretty terribly last season. Our pass defense was one of the worst in the country; ranked 86th nationally. And our offense shows immense promise, but can still be considered somewhat inexperienced.

Given all this, I would probably have to say that I think Michigan and Texas are probably better teams than Tennessee, at the moment. Oklahoma might be, maybe Miami, maybe Virginia Tech and maybe Ohio State.

So yeah. I don't lack confidence in our team, I will just not readily say Tennessee is going to be the national title contender this year. It's possible, yes... But I won't admit it just yet.

Milo, sometimes it's very obvious that you haven't been a Vol fan for very long... ;)

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 20, 2005 8:22 PM
Milo, sometimes it's very obvious that you haven't been a Vol fan for very long... ;)
[snapback]106047[/snapback]​

I love our guys. I just don't want to have to eat crow... And with back to back road games at Florida and LSU, that might be likely.

And that whole thing about USC was just objective... I respect the program, but don't really like them, or their fans. They, and most of the other California teams have very fair-weather fans.

I will still root on for the Vols against all opponnents. And that means ALL.

Eating crow is what we do best down here!!!!! Everyone in the SEC thinks they are the best!!!!!

:lol: I can see that. From the looks of some people I've seen on the internet, if the SEC ran the BCS, nobody would even be allowed to play Auburn and they would have just been given the MNC automatically for going undefeated in the regular season.

I don't mind eating crow but I don't think that I will have to this year. UF and LSU will tough but not impossible. Fulmer and company usually have the players ready for the hostile environments and some say that this could be Fulmers most talented squad....EVER. They will know what to do and how to handle it.

VN Store

Back