Fox Sports pre-season polls

I just pray we win in "Death Valley". I dont think I can stand another loss at a game I will be at!!!! (I also will never live it down by everyone down here!!!) :shakehead:

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Jun 20, 2005 11:37 PM
I just pray we win in "Death Valley". I dont think I can stand another loss at a game I will be at!!!! (I also will never live it down by everyone down here!!!) :shakehead:
[snapback]106076[/snapback]​

Don't worry, if they lose in the Valley, we will take up donations and put you the Volunteer protection program. :matrix:

Smuggle her into Knoxville.

And yes, I believe we have the ability to win every game this season. We'll just see whether or not that actually happens.

I don't particularly like being ranked #2, I would rather be ranked #9 or #10.

That being said, our Defense's inconsistent playing last year caused us great amounts of grief.

I have said and will continue to say:

1. If our Defense is consistent and plays well, we can beat ANYBODY.

2. If our Offensive Line plays well, we can win with either Ainge or Clausen.

My biggest worry right now is that we have only one "practice" game before we play Florida and LSU. If our team has grown enough and learned enough by the time we play Florida and LSU to beat them, then I think we could easily go undefeated. :twocents:

What?!?! The Vols aren't No. 1!!! They will be by season's end.

And without Chow calling the plays at USC and with Leinart's repaired shoulder.... don't expect USC to repeat. They'll lose at least 2 games.

Originally posted by MtHomeVol@Jun 21, 2005 9:18 AM
I don't particularly like being ranked #2, I would rather be ranked #9 or #10.
[snapback]106118[/snapback]​

:dunno: I know some fear expectations, but come on!?

I'd rather be ranked #2 and take our chances. Then if we lose, we can try out that #9 or #10 ranking.

RE: AP pre season poll Sorry guys, my bad..., my imformation came from foxsports.com http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3342530 AP will not be out until mid august. SORRY about that!!! i just think we do better when we are under rated. i just want our guys to be focused and determined. we have the talent, and the BEST coaching staff in college football. {Fullmer,Sanders,Chavis}

GA Vol...It's a pre season poll. It really means very little. I would rather be underestimated in the pre season as long as it's not by a lot. Auburn was hurt by being underestimated last year when they went into the final polls. It cost them the big game. A little pre season underestimation is good. It helps keep the teams head smaller and hopefully makes them try harder. The latter is the most important. :beer:

Originally posted by MtHomeVol@Jun 21, 2005 11:24 AM
A little pre season underestimation is good. 
[snapback]106147[/snapback]​

Yeah, I understand the part about not wanting the team to get a big head, but in the screwed up system that we play in today, I want to be in front of as many teams as possible so that if we do have a dream season we don't have to go through what Auburn went through last year. I say rank us as high as possible and let CPF earn his salary and take care of the egos.

I'm siding with you on this one GA. Rank us as high as you want to, and then lets go earn it! Its not like high expectations are anything new to the boys in Orange and White.... heck, that's why they came here!!

Originally posted by MtHomeVol@Jun 21, 2005 10:24 AM
GA Vol...It's a pre season poll.  It really means very little.  I would rather be underestimated in the pre season as long as it's not by a lot.  Auburn was hurt by being underestimated last year when they went into the final polls.  It cost them the big game.  A little pre season underestimation is good.  It helps keep the teams head smaller and hopefully makes them try harder.  The latter is the most important. :beer:
[snapback]106147[/snapback]​

No, Auburn got hurt by their terrible performance when they came out as preseason #2 the previous year and got spanked. There was no way the voters were going to do that again. I hope we start out #2 and let the team run w/ it. They all aspire to win a NC so they have to be #1 or #2 eventually. The only bad thing is it makes a loss that much more painful. No matter what, we have to win. We finished well last year and our coaching staff needs to capitalize on that. It's been too many years since we came off a bowl win to start a season.

I hope people realize that being in the Top 5 won't be the reason why we lose games.

We will have lost because of problems on the field.

People act as if the Top 5 ranking is the sole reason for our failure, if we have some....

Ask USC and OU if that is true.

I say put UT #1 every yea

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 21, 2005 12:15 PM
I hope people realize that being in the Top 5 won't be the reason why we lose games.
[snapback]106159[/snapback]​

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

People also have to realize that losing a game or two doesn't make us chokers or underachievers. It's just a fact of life. 99.5% of the teams in the history of the NCAA have lost games.

Bobby Bowden went 20+ years before his first undefeated season.

Spurrier has never gone undefeated.

It's ridiculous how some coaches are labeled chokers

I agree GA. When ranked high to start the year, having an early loss does not knock you out of BCS or even NC contention if you win out. That ranking could really help us this year if we have an early loss and if we lose, it will probably be UF or LSU (both early games) IMO. If these players cannot play under big expectaions they have no business playing SEC football.

The tone is set in spring. It has to continue after a lay off in the summer.
What is it? just under a full month of actual full contact practice, and a handfull of 2adays.

As for being ranked #1-5 comming out in sept, can only benefit us late in the season. Someone else posted it, Let the staff earn the pay, let the players play. There isnt room for a single EGO on this yr's team.

VN Store

Back