Freshman Impact in 2005

QBvol7

I think the players that have the best chance to make an imeadiate impact are

Dee Morely
Adam Myers-WHite
LaMarcus Coker
Demonte Bolden

Care to discuss?

Demonte Bolden, but I really hope that none of them have to play any significant time.

is that the same bolden that signed last year? hmmm i would say morley would have the biggest impact. i dont see coker getting ALOT of playing time because of big riggs JR. i do think though that if phillips comes( :cross: ) then he would make the biggest impact. if they are as good as they say they are then we could have not only solid but great defensive secondary.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 21, 2005 4:02 PM
Since when has that stopped anybody?

AMEN

Have any of you ever even seen these guys before?

yes actually i have seen morley and phillips play. not one time when the ball came towards them did they not bat it down or pick it off. phillips can just drill you. ihave seen him just flaten a 275 pound fullback. he is nasty. (its great living in flordia i see the best highschool players in the world.)

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 21, 2005 4:05 PM

I haven't seen any of them play except in the Army game and few highlight clips. I am trying to figure out who will play center for us if McNeil dosn't start. Any idea?

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 21, 2005 4:03 PM
is that the same bolden that signed last year? hmmm i would say morley would have the biggest impact. i dont see coker getting ALOT of playing time because of big riggs JR. i do think though that if phillips comes( :cross: ) then he would make the biggest impact. if they are as good as they say they are then we could have not only solid but great defensive secondary.

We cant assume that these freshman, all of them, will come in and impress us and make us have the best defense. I do think Morely is our best chance of a freshman pheonom, but now with the suspension of Tony McDaniel, Bolden's presence will be needed more.

Myers-White will get a look because of the needed help.

Coker will get a shot because of his speed and the lack of depth at TB. We rerturn Riggs, but behind him we have 2 freshman and a walk-on. Foster is supposed to be the real deal, but he hasnt played a down yet. Well wait and see. Weve had success with young RB's before so its not a daunting task.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 21, 2005 4:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 21, 2005 4:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Jan 21, 2005 4:05 PM

I haven&#39;t seen any of them play except in the Army game and few highlight clips. I am trying to figure out who will play center for us if McNeil dosn&#39;t start. Any idea? [/quote]
Richie Gandy. He started a few games when Respert was hurt.

Pretty much any freshman on defense will probably end up starting. We need to add some serious depth to the secondary. Crompton will be redshirted.

Wes Brown. since he was an early commitment he&#39;s dropped off the radar. This guy is Will Overstreet all over again, except will be bigger.

Originally posted by QBvol7@Jan 21, 2005 3:58 PM
I think the players that have the best chance to make an imeadiate impact are

Dee Morely
Adam Myers-WHite
LaMarcus Coker
Demonte Bolden

Care to discuss?

I think coker will have a HUGE impact.. cuz he has breakaway speed and i read an article that said he had good hands

I also think that if we&#39;re winning big in a game we should see what crompton&#39;s got

i hope none of our freshmen get to have an impact. maybe all our upperclassmen will step up and make them wait. so we wont need them. they can play some mop up ball.

Originally posted by dalelindsay81@Jan 21, 2005 6:37 PM
i hope none of our freshmen get to have an impact. maybe all our upperclassmen will step up and make them wait. so we wont need them. they can play some mop up ball.

that&#39;s true, i just hope we don&#39;t have any key injuries

key injuries anywhere are defense can kill us. you dont think our wbs will go down two years in a row do you?

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 21, 2005 7:11 PM
key injuries anywhere are defense can kill us. you dont think our wbs will go down two years in a row do you?

we have a good secondary this year... and the offensive line will be fine without munoz i think... the D looks good, what do you think our biggest weakness is?

hmm biggest weakness could be what everyone thinks our strongest piece is ...................our wideouts. they will have alot of pressure to perform this year and without them we will go right down the drain.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 21, 2005 7:18 PM
hmm biggest weakness could be what everyone thinks our strongest piece is ...................our wideouts. they will have alot of pressure to perform this year and without them we will go right down the drain.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3342530
Fox&#39;s National Title contenders... USC=1 and #2... THE VOLS
they said that Ainge will be a household name by season&#39;s end, and the receiving core could turn out to be the best UT has ever had

VN Store

Back