Fuad Reviez has telling quote about Dooley

Curious if anyone else heard this about Dooley's hire. About a year ago I met with several development officers and the Dean of the Business School (Steve Mangum). They told me that when Fulmer was fired, the entire program was an administrative mess (poor record keeping, poor financial management, no compliance records, etc.). Some improvement was in flight, but Kiffin's quick departure then made it worse. Cheek/Hamilton knew with the NCAA investigating Kiffin's actions, an administrative mess, would only frustrate the NCAA further and make potential sanctions worse.

In the discussion we had, they indicated Hamilton/Cheek quickly determined the next coach had to have strong administrative skills even if it meant significant decline in the program. The administrative crisis was deemed critical to the survival of the program. I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything like this.

Clearly Dooley was disaster in recruiting and coaching. However, everything I hear is he left the administrative house in order - so much so, that this is one area Butch Jones has never had to worry about.

In the discussion we had, they indicated Hamilton/Cheek quickly determined the next coach had to have strong administrative skills even if it meant significant decline in the program. The administrative crisis was deemed critical to the survival of the program. I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything like this.

Clearly Dooley was disaster in recruiting and coaching. However, everything I hear is he left the administrative house in order - so much so, that this is one area Butch Jones has never had to worry about.
I haven't heard this, but it's def an interesting spin on the dooley experiment.

Curious if anyone else heard this about Dooley's hire. About a year ago I met with several development officers and the Dean of the Business School (Steve Mangum). They told me that when Fulmer was fired, the entire program was an administrative mess (poor record keeping, poor financial management, no compliance records, etc.). Some improvement was in flight, but Kiffin's quick departure then made it worse. Cheek/Hamilton knew with the NCAA investigating Kiffin's actions, an administrative mess, would only frustrate the NCAA further and make potential sanctions worse.

Makes sense. We hired a lawyer. Just happened to be shopping for a football coach at Wal Mart at the same time and Dooley was hanging out there trying on coaches costumes for Halloween. More proof Hamilton was in over his head.

I was listening to the call in show with Jimmy Hyams and Fuad Reveiz while making the drive down to Knoxville, and Fuad said something that made my jaw drop. He was making the comparison of Butch to Dooley in how the players play so hard for Butch when you compare to how they played for Dooley. The crazy part was when he talked about recruiting while Dooley was here. Fuad said he knew for a fact that our guys on the roster while Dooley was here, would honestly tell visiting recruits to look elsewhere and would ask them why they wanted to come to Tennessee to play for Dooley. Just shows you how little respect our players had for Dooley. Smh

I guess they didn't like showering, bamboo and soap pep talks.

VN Store

Back