Fulmer Talked To A Michigan Coach?

I would have to say that UM's recievers and rbs have fared very well over the past years. The OL has been very good.. I think their position coaches must be very good it seems their OC is the stick in the mud. QB's havent been bad either.. they got one in the NFL that has won a few games.

Drew Henson? :p

Debord's resume. He is considered a very long shot for the Michigan HC job from this quote:

Name: Mike DeBord

Education: Manchester College (1978)

Experience: Franklin College (1982-83); Assistant coach, **** Hayes (1984-86); Assistant coach, Eastern Illinois (1987-88); Assistant coach, Ball State (1989); Assistant coach, Colorado State (1990-91); Assistant coach, Northwestern (1992); Tight end/offensive line coach, Michigan (1992-94); Assistant head coach, Michigan (1995-96); Offensive coordinator/tight end coach, Michigan (1997-99); Head coach, Central Michigan (2000-03); Special teams coach, Michigan (2004-05); Offensive coordinator, Michigan (2006-07).

Why he'll get it: One of the more experienced candidates, DeBord has spent time as a head coach.

Why he won't: Ironically, his experience as head coach. DeBord went just 12-34 before resigning from Central Michigan. In addition, hiring DeBord wouldn't exactly satisfy critics who say the program needs a boost.

It was the QB coach from Michigan Scott Loeffler who Fulmer interviewed according to sources.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he is probably out at Michigan with Rodriquez being hired. UT needs a QB coach, I'm assuming that is what he was interviewed for:

Scott Loeffler - Quarterbacks Coach
Loeffler's been the golden boy around Michigan for the last few years and he's a proven recruiter. He recruited Chad Henne. He recruited Ryan Mallett. He turned John Navarre into one of Michigan's greatest quarterbacks . He's a coach with a very bright future.

However, Chad Henne regressed in his senior season. Ryan Mallett looked every bit the freshman he was this season. Batted balls continue to be a problem for Michigan quarterbacks.

Like so many of Michigan's coaches, Loeffler's fate will be determined by who takes over at Michigan. In the event a spread offensive coach like Rich Rodriguez takes over (pure speculation, folks) my guess is Loeffler's gone.

VN Store

Back