Fulmer: Three UT teams were better than '98 Vols

The team that goes 13-0 and wins the SEC and wins the national championship is always better than the team that loses a game and doesn't win any championship ('95) or loses two games (both embarrassingly) and doesn't win a national championship ('97) or loses two games and doesn't win anything either ('01). This is exactly how you define "better". You can speculate and make up stuff all day long, but I go with the facts.

We're not discussing "better". We're discussing "most talented". Big difference.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We're not discussing "better". We're discussing "most talented". Big difference.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Really? So I should ignore that the OP specifically used the word "better" and I should ignore that Fulmer specifically used the word "better" in his quote in the article?

The lack of good play was due to the injury Peyton sustained in the SEC Championship game. In the game against Nebraska he was only 50% healthy.

peytons injury had nothing to do with them dominating our defense line in the 3rd and 4th quarters. we could not stop them.

interesting that in another thread here chavis is being hailed as one of the greatest DCs ever, yet the failure of these talented UT teams can be directly traced back to the underperformance of his D.

VN Store

Back