'25 GA LB Christian Gass (Tennessee commit)

zoolander-oregon-gas-50uq13fjivwek3dh.gif
1721498745928.gif

The Scout​

“Christian Gass is one of the most physically gifted linebackers in the 2025 cycle,” Power said. “He has plus traits. He measured in around 6-2.5, 215 pounds. He has elite arms that measure in a shade under 34 inches and he can really run at that size. He clocked in at 11.3 in the 100 meters as a Junior. You can really see that show up on film. He can run sideline to sideline, and he can rush the passer. We see him do a variety of things and show off his versatility on his Junior film. I think Christian Gass has a very high upside. He is certainly not a finished product, which I think is exciting if you are a Tennessee fan. I think this is a guy who is going to continue to get better and better. He has shown continued improvement through his Junior season, and I think his combination of play speed, range, physicality, versatility and ability to rush the passer presents a really strong foundation for what he brings to the table as a linebacker prospect. Had 68 tackles and 11 tackles for loss as a Junior, and I expect those numbers to go up.

“From a pure traits perspective, there is so much to like about him as a linebacker prospect. It is easy to see why he is so coveted and high on the board of programs that recruit nationally. To that end, I think he is a huge get for Tennessee. A guy who certainly has the athletic DNA at the position. Linebacker will be viewed as an increasingly athletic position. Traits of the position really matter, especially when we are looking at top NFL Draft Picks. I think Christian Gass checks a lot of the boxes we look for at the position. I am excited to see what he does as a senior, but there is no doubt he has a ton of physical talent and is a big pickup for Tennessee as they continue to add blue-chip prospects on the defensive side of the ball, which I think they have done a good job of under Josh Heupel.”

What this means for the linebacker room?​

Charles said it best. Gass is an unfinished prospect with an immense ceiling. When Josh Heupel took over in Knoxville, the depth and talent at linebacker was scarce. Now, flash forward in time, and the position is as deep and as talented as any for the foreseeable future. Gass adds a dynamic element to Tim Banks’ multiple defense scheme, as he can play multiple positions depending on how he develops into his frame. Gass has freakish measurables and raw talent and should be a fun chess type piece to move around all across the defense.

So what’s next?​

There are several more decisions looming that feature Tennessee. Four-star Safety Shaedy Hayward will commit on July 27th. Four-star offensive tackle Juan Gaston will announce on August 2nd and then all eyes will turn toward five-star David Sanders’ August 17th decision. Onis Konanbanny is expected to make a decision sometime in August, while Jadon Perlotte is expected to announce a final decision sometime in the coming weeks.

-VQ

Great pickup! With the other LB that's the UGA commit potentially coming, now can we start focusing more on DBs?! haha

I know we're potentially picking up Hayward, but we really need more and it sounds like he might potentially shift to LB in the future anyway.
After Onis and Shady we would have 6 db commits. That’s plenty

This guy looks like a baller. Reminds me of Micah Parsons in terms of his physical profile. He might be the best player in our class so far.

Reactions: HeadVol77

VN Store

Back