'25 GA LB Christian Gass (Tennessee commit)

Does it strike anyone else odd that recruiting sites have such varied opinions? 247 has him 3* #42LB while On3 has him 4* #6LB.

Its not like he is from some rural small town school with no exposure. Wonder if he is a tweener and not sure where he fits (LB or Edge).
yes, its been noted

Does it strike anyone else odd that recruiting sites have such varied opinions? 247 has him 3* #42LB while On3 has him 4* #6LB.

Its not like he is from some rural small town school with no exposure. Wonder if he is a tweener and not sure where he fits (LB or Edge).
Think I saw somewhere where he's relatively new to the sport. Makes sense for On3 to be that high on him. He's their type of guy. Insane measurables and athletic traits

Makes sense for someone new to the scene. Just hasn't had the eyeballs on him yet. 247 is typically the last of the three to significantly change a rating historically

House is still listed as our lowest rated commit, which is a joke.

Both of these guys were priorities for UGA, and they know a little about recruiting defensive talent.

Both of these guys were priorities for UGA, and they know a little about recruiting defensive talent.
Exactly. We beat out Georgia and Alabama for House. But the fact that he’s our lowest rated recruit speaks volumes about this class.

Looks like 247 and Rivals don't think so highly of him, but our coaches do and that's what matters most to me.
In my mind what separates this staff from some of our past ones is the ability to coach these young men up. And our staffs ability to recruit pieces that fit. Go vols!
Coaching them up is great. Identifying them is even better.

I’d bet Heup has a better hit rate than the average historical rate. And that’s a great thing.

Think I saw somewhere where he's relatively new to the sport. Makes sense for On3 to be that high on him. He's their type of guy. Insane measurables and athletic traits

On3 was also the only service to have James Pearce rated as a 5-star and they're looking like geniuses now. I trust their evaluations over the others right now.

Yeah I don’t get House being rated low at all lol. I understand he’s going to be more of a run stuffing DT but being a three star is just criminal

This is the type of lb that Kirby turns into a monster.
Yep like he’s done with CJ Allen. Goes to show where we are now that we’re beating Georgia outright for an in state kid of this caliber now. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but they’ve done it routinely this class…. Or will have done it routinely by the end of the class I guess lol

Yep like he’s done with CJ Allen. Goes to show where we are now that we’re beating Georgia outright for an in state kid of this caliber now. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but they’ve done it routinely this class…. Or will have done it routinely by the end of the class I guess lol
meanwhile Bama and LSU...are killing it.

Ready to get this little run started...

Looks like 247 and Rivals don't think so highly of him, but our coaches do and that's what matters most to me.
In my mind what separates this staff from some of our past ones is the ability to coach these young men up. And our staffs ability to recruit pieces that fit. Go vols!
Also Vols beat out Georgia and Southern Cal for Gass. Not chopped liver teams there.

Callahan expects at least a 4 ⭐ on 247. He will rise

Always remember that James Pearce wasnt a top 100 player on 247 nor rivals. ESPN had Pearce as a 3 ⭐

On3 is the rating system I trust

Callahan expects at least a 4 ⭐ on 247. He will rise

Always remember that James Pearce wasnt a top 100 player on 247 nor rivals. ESPN had Pearce as a 3 ⭐

On3 is the rating system I trust
On3 is just different. They don't appear to rely on industry consensus at all, so the there are much more dramatic outliers.

Looking at the 2022 class they had:
Pearce - Outlier High - Nailed it
Nichols - Outlier Low - Nailed it
Josephs - Outlier High - TBD
Webb - Outlier High - Probably wrong
Williams Thomas - Outlier High - Wrong
White - Outlier High - Closer to right

In 2023:
Leacock - Outlier High - Wrong
Gibson - Outlier High - Closer to right
Weathersby - Outlier High - TBD, but possibly right
Okoye - Outlier High - Wrong
Bishop - Outlier High - TBD, but closer to right

Seems like a mixed bag to me. They have clearly been higher on Tennessee that industry average.

On3 is just different. They don't appear to rely on industry consensus at all, so the there are much more dramatic outliers.

Looking at the 2022 class they had:
Pearce - Outlier High - Nailed it
Nichols - Outlier Low - Nailed it
Josephs - Outlier High - TBD
Webb - Outlier High - Probably wrong
Williams Thomas - Outlier High - Wrong
White - Outlier High - Closer to right

In 2023:
Leacock - Outlier High - Wrong
Gibson - Outlier High - Closer to right
Weathersby - Outlier High - TBD, but possibly right
Okoye - Outlier High - Wrong
Bishop - Outlier High - TBD, but closer to right

Seems like a mixed bag to me. They have clearly been higher on Tennessee that industry average.
Although I agree with what you’re saying no way we can say Okoye is wrong yet… there was absolutely no way he was going to play last year or this. Now if he doesn’t start making some noise next offseason then we can start to question it

VN Store

Back