GA RB Justin Baker commits to the Vols

He may be a 3*, but he has a great offer list per 247. There are 4 stars that don’t have an offer list like his.
UT
Bama
Michigan
UGA
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Auburn
Colorado
Michigan State
Penn State
USC
South Carolina
Florida
NC State

Anytime we can beat out Bama and Georgia for a recruit I'd say we landed a pretty decent fish regardless of stars.

Thought Michigan would be his choice. Really tickled he chose UT, but watch UGA. Still a long, long way to go here.
Ain’t no kid committing to Michigan until this sign stealing scandal gets resolved.

He may be a 3*, but he has a great offer list per 247. There are 4 stars that don’t have an offer list like his.
UT
Bama
Michigan
UGA
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Auburn
Colorado
Michigan State
Penn State
USC
South Carolina
Florida
NC State
Obviously, he has been underrated and those coaches know it. The star system is far from perfect.

Reactions: Ernie McCracken
Hmmm … over a year to go before he signs the dotted line. I hope he sticks but it would be interesting to know many of these somewhat early commitments actually sign especially with all the NIL money available and continued pressure exerted by the non-chosen schools. Too often, it seems to me, we see a cycle of commits, de-commits and re-commits with these early birds. I hope this one sticks because Buford is one of the best high schools in Georgia for developing talented players.

Eh, why worry about it? "The dotted line" doesn't mean anything anymore either. It's not as if getting a kid to sign means he'll be here for four years - or even one year. With the portal and NIL the door is always open.

VN Store

Back