'25 GA RB Justin Baker (Tennessee commit)

“I could definitely see myself here,” said Baker, who’s ranked the No. 357 overall prospect and No. 34 running back in the 2025 class and the No. 39 junior from the state of Georgia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
“But, I mean, I could say the same for just about any other place that’s recruiting me, so right now my recruitment’s obviously wide open. But I’m definitely considering Tennessee.”
Baker wasn’t disappointed. He said he “met with the coaches,” including Tennessee coach Josh Heupel and running backs coach Jerry Mack,” and was able “to spend a lot of the time” during his visit with Mack and offensive assistant Aston Walter, who also works with the Vols’ running backs.

“They showed us around the campus, showed us a real good time, gave us some good food,” Baker said. “It was a good visit.”
“A lot of the notion is that Tennessee’s an air-raid, pass-first offense,” he said. “But, I mean, if you really look at the film and you look at the stats, it’s really not true. They broke it down to us. They were like, it was 52-percent pass, 48-percent run (last year), and they’re the only team that averaged over 300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing throughout the season. … That should tell you a lot.
“And, also, the way that they spread their wide receivers out in their splits, it makes it so that, really, you won’t have more than seven in the box. It’s usually a six- or seven-man box, … so those running lanes are just wide open.
Baker said he wasn’t sure when he would return to Tennessee, adding that he “definitely” needed “to check the schedule first.” But he’s hoping to attend games at multiple schools this season, and he’s still focusing on his six favorites going into his junior season.
r.callahan

I haven't followed this recruitment as much as I would like. Anybody care to share what type of skill set he has? Vision, speed, power, etc.?

VN Store

Back